How to Use The Pistol?

#1 Posted by Grizo406 (25 posts) -

I just started AC III on a PC, and am at Sequence 2.

Try as I might, I can't equip my character with his pistol to shoot the barrel and advance in this part of the game.  My equipment inventory shows the pistol and the lower right side of the screen indicates that it's there. 

When I click on the pistol icon, and resume game play, all my character does is draw his sword!??!

Right before this part of the game, a screen prompt tells me to pick up a musket, and shoot 10 guards.  I pick up the musket, but can't figure out how to shoot it.  The bayonette on the musket works great, but neither my character or myself can get it to shoot the guards.

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but I'm stuck and lookin' for an answer to my problem(s)!

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

#2 Posted by jcopp72 (5370 posts) -
on PS3 you hold L! to aim and fire with triangle. hope this helps ya.
#3 Posted by Roanark (2490 posts) -

Did you also post this on the ubisoft forums?

Anyways, you have to target them first, as the shot is too far to automatically target them.
How to do that was answered for PS3, XBox is the same thing but with Y, and PC I'm unsure... I play on PC but I use a controller, I'd suggest going to your controls set-up in the menu or viewing the instruction manual in-game.
You'll need to find your controls for targeting and using secondary weapons. 

#4 Posted by Grizo406 (25 posts) -

Did you also post this on the ubisoft forums?

Anyways, you have to target them first, as the shot is too far to automatically target them.
How to do that was answered for PS3, XBox is the same thing but with Y, and PC I'm unsure... I play on PC but I use a controller, I'd suggest going to your controls set-up in the menu or viewing the instruction manual in-game.
You'll need to find your controls for targeting and using secondary weapons. 

Roanark

I did post this on on the ubisoft forms.  If that's a "no no" kinda' deal, please let me know.

I play on a PC and use a keyboard.  I got my problem solved.  To fire the pistol using the keyboard, hit Q and the weapons fires.  That was the only button I hadn't tried in the past, and I'm kinda' embarrassed by my oversight!

Thanks for the info!

#5 Posted by Grizo406 (25 posts) -

As the game progressed, I ended up having A LOT more problems playing AC III on the PC...constant crashing, and virtually nothing from Ubisoft to help me find an answer. Luckily, the Game Stop folks refunded my money, and I bought BO 2 & MOH, and both work perfectly on my system. Hate to part ways with Ubisoft. Their past games provided me with many, many hours of entertainment and fun, and I was so looking forward to Far Cry 3...but that ain't gonna' happen!