AC3 MAJOR fistfighting glitch

#1 Posted by angeloglorioso (25 posts) -
Hello fellow fans, I, like most people, love AC3 but am getting really frustrated. I have encountered a glitch in sequence 8 memory 2 (prison break) and now I am unable to advance in the story, and I cannot even exit the memory. My problem is that the game doesn't recognize that I'm in a fistfight. I am currently trying to pick a fight and beat 6 inmates to be able to consequently pickpocket the warden. What happens is I initiate the fight but no matter how long I fight or how much damage I inflict none of the prisoners get knocked out. Therefore, I can't finish the memory. The same problem happened with the 1st Boston Brawlers mission in the frontier. With that mission I was able to just run away and ignore that storyline. This time, I can't even exit the memory. I've tried everything including the day one patch but nothing works. My internet searches for similar bugs come up empty. I know I'm fighting correctly, I'm pretty good at this game. I really don't wanna reinstall the game and start over. Any ideas???? Ubisoft support hasn't replied to my inquiry yet and being limited to multiplayer sucks.