Good but could have been better

User Rating: 5 | Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China XONE

Audio:

Not really much voice acting outside of the short cut scenes. The sound track is solid but nothing special.

Visuals:

A few minor bugs but other than that, It's a great looking 2D side scroller. Environments are unique and it's a blast playing through them.

Game Play:

The stealth aspect of the game is satisfying but the combat could have been a lot better. It's just too boring and repetitive.

Other:

The story is very straight forward and simple, There's nothing interesting about it. Needless collectibles. Upgrades are pretty pointless considering you are rarely in a situation that requires a lot of weapons and there's always a ammo crate near by to refill. It's a pretty easy game to beat, Even on the hardest difficulty. It oddly enough does grow on you the more you play, At first I hated it but the more I played the more I grew tolerable to it.

Overall: 5/10

For a side scroller game, It can be fun. I love stealthing through missions and I think that should have been the focal point of the game with optional assassinations mixed in. Instead of having it a blend of combat and stealth. The game does grow on you a little as you play but not enough for you to ignore the many flaws. It's too short, There's no real story and there's no real challenge.