You Can Obtain One of Destiny: Rise of Iron's New Exotic Weapons Now
Get your hands on Trespasser while waiting for the expansion to release.
Those eager to experience the next expansion for Destiny can get at least a taste of it now, as one of its Exotic weapons has been released, as has an Achievement/Trophy list.
Bungie announced on Twitter that Trespasser is now live in the game. This is a sidearm with a high rate of fire, high stability, and quick reloads. It's unclear if offering it early was the company's plan all along; some players began reporting on Reddit that they'd obtained the gun by decrypting engrams before Bungie's tweet was sent out.
This comes not long after the release of update 2.4.0. This introduces some big weapon balance changes and apparently a good deal of Rise of Iron's content (which remains inaccessible until it launches on September 20). The latest Bungie blog post notes that when the expansion debuts, "[Y]ou'll have most of what you need waiting on your console. That's what was contained in the update we made available for download [on Thursday]."
Bungie also shared Rise of Iron's new Achievements/Trophies, of which there are nine total. One of these is labeled as a secret, but you can see the names--and descriptions for eight of them--below.
- Mountain Climber: Complete the "King of the Mountain" mission.
- The Young Wolf: Complete the "Rise of Iron" quest.
- Student of History: Activate all Iron Lord Artifacts.
- Sing the Iron Song: Classified.
- Supremacy: Complete the "Glory and the Taking of It" quest.
- Eye for an Eye: Complete the "Kovik's Sin" quest.
- Forging Ahead: Complete an encounter in the Archon's Forge.
- Spliced: Complete the "Wrath of the Machine" Raid.
- Splicer God: Complete the "Wrath of the Machine" Raid on heroic difficulty.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.