The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
You Can Buy An Xbox Series X For $300 At GameStop--Here's How
GameStop will have trade-in offers for Xbox Series X and Series S that could significantly reduce your out-of-pocket cost on November 10.
Two new consoles, the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, launch next month, which is an exciting time for gamers, but also a somewhat stressful one, from a monetary perspective. Well, if you happen to have older consoles lying around, GameStop has trade-in offers that let you swap your PS4 and Xbox One for one of their newer brethren. For those looking to offload their soon-to-be-old systems, GameStop will give you bonus trade-in credit when you trade toward the preorder of the Xbox Series X or Series S.
GameStop announced the trade-in promotions in a recent email outlining the Xbox Series X. Depending on what you trade in, you can get up to $200 in credit toward your preorder of the Xbox Series X or Series S. The offer looks to be valid until November 30.
- $200 -- Xbox One X, PS4 Pro
- $175 -- Nintendo Switch, PS4 (1TB model)
- $125 -- Nintendo Switch Lite, Xbox One S, PS4 (500GB model)
- $100 -- Xbox One (500GB model)
So if you happen to have an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro that you're not planning on using soon, you can get the Series X for $300 or the Series S for $100.
Zelda BOTW Expert Explains High Level Combat Hacking Expert Reacts To Hacking Clips In Games The Worst Way to Play Cyberpunk 2077 The Matrix Conspiracy: Was The Plot Stolen? Firearms Expert Reacts To Hitman 3’s Guns Maiden - Full Resident Evil Village Demo WandaVision Episode 3 Theories: How The Babies Affect The MCU Hitman 3 Loading Times Comparison: Xbox One S, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 & PS5 Apex Legends Horizon Time Travel Easter Egg Teasers Gameplay The Medium - Official "9 Uncanny Facts" Trailer Resident Evil Village - Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer Resident Evil Re:Verse - Official Gameplay Teaser Trailer
It's unclear how long this offer will be available. Considering the email says that you're trading toward the preorder of a next-gen console, one would assume that you'd be without a console from the time you preorder until the Series X launches on November 10. However, it's certainly possible this offer will be available on launch day--we'll know more once the promotion is live. If that's the case, though, you can put a deposit down toward your preorder (usually $50), and then trade your console in later to put a big dent in your remaining balance.
While we're still waiting on release date and pricing information for the PS5, it seems likely that this promotion (or a similar one) will also apply to Sony's next-gen console. GameStop will also offer multiple installment plans for the PS5 and Xbox Series X, which will be separate from the enticing Xbox All Access payment plan.
Best Deals And Sales This Week
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe For Nintendo Switch Discounted To Best Price Yet
- Hulu Launches $2 Subscription Offer For College Students
- Hori Split Pad Pro For Nintendo Switch Gets A Rare Discount
- Razer's New Gaming Laptops With RTX 3080 GPU Revealed
- Ring Fit Adventure Is On Sale Just In Time For Your New Year's Resolutions
- CES 2021: Arcade1Up Unveils New Cabinets For X-Men, Killer Instinct, And More
- Get This Incredible Attack On Titan Manga Bundle For Just $20 For A Limited Time
- New Spider-Man: Miles Morales Funko Pops Up For Preorder, Including Bodega Cat Suit