XCOM 2 Collection Launches On PC, Coming To PS4 And Xbox One Soon
Good luck, Commander.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
2K and Firaxis Games have announced that XCOM 2 Collection is available now on PC, Mac, and Linux. Additionally, it has confirmed on Twitter that PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be released "soon."
XCOM 2 Collection features the base game along with four DLC packs for it (Resistance Warrior, Anarchy's Children, Alien Hunters, Shen's Last Gift). The larger War of the Chosen expansion is also included. To celebrate the launch of the collection PC, it is available at 50% off on Steam until February 3 at 2 AM UK time. You can take a look at the full list of content included in XCOM 2 Collection below, courtesy of 2K and Firaxis.
- XCOM 2 – Aliens rule Earth, promising a brilliant future for mankind while secretly hiding a sinister agenda. As the leader of a guerrilla force facing impossible odds, you must ignite a global resistance to eliminate the alien threat and save the human race from extinction.
- XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack – Customize your squad of resistance fighters with a set of bonus outfits and head gear, as well as custom armor and face camo. Instantly unlock a survivor of the old war as a new recruit in your barracks.
- This rebellion-themed content pack introduces more than 100 new exotic customizations for the entire arsenal of armors available to your XCOM soldiers. These options are purely cosmetic and do not alter the stats of a soldier.
- Transform the soldiers of XCOM into an elite alien hunting squad with impressive new weapons and armor to face off against new alien Rulers that will pursue your squad across an entire campaign. Additional cosmetic upgrades to soldiers and the Avenger are included, as well as a new epic mission where Central Officer Bradford leads a squad with the guidance of an old friend.
- XCOM 2: Shen’s Last Gift – Investigate ADVENT's Lost Towers facility where Chief Engineer Lily Shen accompanies your squad in search of her late father's secretive final project. Discover a unique new soldier class complete with powerful new combat abilities, strategy mechanics, and customization options.
- XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - The XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion adds extensive new content in the fight against ADVENT when additional resistance factions form in order to eliminate the alien threat on Earth. In response, a new enemy, known as the 'Chosen,' emerges with one goal: recapture the Commander. The expansion includes new Hero classes to counter the 'Chosen,' new enemies, missions, environments and increased depth in strategic gameplay.
In GameSpot's XCOM 2 review, Mike Mahardy awarded it a 9/10, saying that "layered tactics, impactful meta-game, and deep character-building are all intact on PS4 and Xbox One," making XCOM 2 a "superb" strategy title across all platforms. Our War of the Chosen review was equally praise-filled, with Daniel Starkey giving it a 9/10.
"Everything that Chosen brings--from the elite soldiers to the deeper connections between your squads--feels like a living part of the XCOM universe," he said. "If you like your deep strategy and brutal turn-based tactics alongside brilliant interplay between camp and emergent drama, there is none better."
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com