Xbox One Game Streaming Targeting Full 1080p/60fps
Director Mike Ybarra also says that Microsoft is hoping to achieve as little latency as possible.
We Played 3 Hours Of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Goes Gold - GS News Update Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Talks Multiplayer, Microtransactions, & More - GS News Update Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.1 - Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty Release Date Trailer Destiny 2 - Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location Guide (10/18 - 10/22) The Outer Worlds - Official Launch Trailer The Secrets of Ghost Recon Breakpoint's Open World Zombieland 2 Double Tap Spoiler Review & Movie Breakdown One Piece: Stampede - Penguin Form Reveal Exclusive Clip Fallout 76 NPC Expansion Delayed To 2020 - GS News Update Fight Us In Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4) | GameSpot Community Fridays Outer Wilds: A Seven-Year Struggle
Microsoft's just-announced Xbox One-to-PC game streaming service is targeting to run at full 1080p resolution and 60 frames-per-second. Partner director Mike Ybarra said today during a group interview attended by GameSpot that the service is running at 720p/30fps right now in the testing labs, but Microsoft expects this to improve to full HD by the time it launches publicly later this year.
Achieving maximum graphical output will, as you might expect, depend on bandwidth speeds in your home. "It will really largely depend on the scenario to which someone is trying to play," Ybarra said. "But we want to make sure that we can get the optimal experience."
Microsoft's game-streaming service will allow gamers to stream their Xbox One titles to Windows 10 devices in their home over a Wi-Fi connection.
Ybarra also addressed the issue of latency. Without making any specific promises, Ybarra said, "Certainly our goal is to be as low-latency as possible."
Windows 10 Briefing: All the News
- LIVE BLOG
- Take A Closer Look At Microsoft's New Augmented Reality Tech, Windows Holographic
- Windows Holographic Revealed
- In Pictures: Windows Holopgraphic
- Xbox One to Integrate Windows 10 OS
- PC Can Stream Xbox One Games
- Fable Legends Coming to PC, Supports Xbox One Cross-Platform Play
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Revealed
- Windows 10 Xbox App Revealed
- Cortana Coming to Windows 10 PCs
- Universal Windows 10 Apps coming to Xbox One
- Internet Explorer's Successor, Project Spartan, Revealed
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org