Xbox At E3 2019: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Only $1 For First Month During E3
Microsoft's E3 2019 press conference is now over, but ahead of the big event Microsoft made Game Pass Ultimate available to everyone on Xbox One and PC. The service was previously only available to those in the Xbox Insider Program. Ultimate differs from the standard Game Pass by giving you Game Pass access on Xbox One and PC, as well as an Xbox Live Gold subscription for a single price. You can currently sign up on the Microsoft store and get the first month for only $1/£1. The Xbox press conference reaffirmed all of these details about Game Pass Ultimate. Another detail that had leaked earlier--pricing for the PC-only version of Game Pass--was corrected during the event, with Microsoft saying that service will cost $10 per month, with an introductory offer of $5 a month]
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate usually costs $15/£11 per month, and purchasing an Ultimate plan will automatically upgrade any existing Game Pass and Gold subscriptions. This is based on whatever you currently have--it simply stacks the number of months you have before transitioning. After you've upgraded, adding additional Game Pass or Gold time gives you a reduced conversation rate.
Earlier today, Microsoft announced the price for Game Pass on PC. While the current Game Pass service offers access to both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC games, this new service will be curated specifically for PC, offering a lower price point for those who aren't interested in the Xbox One side of things.
Game Pass Ultimate encompasses both platforms, and with new games like Metro Exodus and Hollow Knight recently added, now is an ideal time to sign up or upgrade. Even more titles are on the way, with a list of new Xbox Game Pass games being leaked today.
Microsoft's E3 2019 press conference takes place Sunday, June 9. It begins at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET / 9 PM BST (6 AM AET on June 10). You can watch the event live here on GameSpot or follow our Xbox liveblog. With Microsoft teasing a next-gen Xbox "Scarlet" console, it should be an interesting show.
E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule
- Thursday, June 6, 9 AM PT -- Google Stadia Connect
- Saturday, June 8, 9:15 AM PT -- EA Play
- Saturday, June 8, 11 AM PT -- Nintendo Invitational Tournaments
- Sunday, June 9, 1 PM PT -- Microsoft Xbox Press Conference
- Sunday, June 9, 5:30 PM PT -- Bethesda Press Conference
- Sunday, June 9, 7 PM PT -- Devolver Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 10 AM PT -- PC Gaming Show
- Monday, June 10, 12 PM PT -- Limited Run Games Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 1 PM PT -- Ubisoft Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 4:30 PM PT -- Kinda Funny Showcase
- Monday, June 10, 6 PM PT -- Square Enix Press Conference
- Tuesday, June 11, 9 AM PT -- Nintendo Direct Showcase
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org