WWE Summerslam 2018: Match Card Updates, Start Time, Kickoff Show Preview, And Location
13 matches on the main card.
WWE's Summerslam, returns to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York for a fourth year in a row. For those who can't attend, you can watch the biggest WWE event of the summer from the comfort of your own home on the WWE Network. This gigantic show will have every major WWE championship on the line. It's one stacked card for the evening, and it's going to be long.
Summerslam's main card will start at 7 PM ET / 4 PM PT. In the past couple of years, the bigger WWE events, like Summerslam and Wrestlemania, have had longer Kickoff Shows, which are two hours long, so expect this Kickoff to start at 5 PM ET / 2 PM PT. As of this writing, WWE's scheduling for August 19 is not available, so we don't know for sure.
If you're interested in watching the event, but don't have the WWE Network, you can sign up for one month for free and cancel at any time without any contractual obligations. That means you can watch Summerslam for free and cancel right afterwards. However, if you like the service, it'll cost you $10 a month to continue using it. The WWE Network is available on gaming consoles, iOS, Android, Roku, Smart TVs, and more.
As of this writing, there are 13 matches on the card, two of which are on the Kickoff Show. There shouldn't be any more added at this point.
Aside from Reigns taking on Lesnar for the Universal Championship for the umpteenth time, there are some continuations of solid storylines as well as new rivalries that have some legs. Jeff Hardy will get his rematch against Shinsuke Nakamura for the United States Championship, and hopefully, Hardy learns to wear a cup to protect himself from low blows. Additionally, Ronda Rousey will get a chance to win the Raw Women's Championship from Alexa Bliss. Hopefully, if Rousey ends up winning, she will be a fighting champion and not absent like a certain champion on the men's roster has been for the past couple of years. The card is already pretty filled out, and we're still a couple weeks away from the show.
Summerslam match card:
- Rusev & Lana vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas & Zelina Vega [KICKOFF MATCH]
- The B-Team vs. The Revival [KICKOFF MATCH] (For the Raw Tag Team Championship)
- Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Drew Gulak (For the Cruiserweight Championship) [KICKOFF MATCH]
- Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Jeff Hardy (For the United States Championship)
- Carmella (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch (For the Smackdown Women's Championship)
- Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
- Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Seth Rollins (For the Intercontinental Championship)
- Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens
- The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The New Day (For the Smackdown Tag Team Championship)
- Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin
- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Ronda Rousey (For the Raw Women's Championship)
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe (For the WWE Championship)
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns (For the Universal Championship)
Make sure to come back to GameSpot on Sunday, August 19 for live coverage of the event. Don't expect the demon from Hell, Kane, to be involved in this PPV in anyway though. He's currently transitioning into his new role as mayor.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org