WWE Extreme Rules 2018 Match Card: Everything You Need To Know
Poor James Ellsworth.
Get ready to break out your Steve Blackman signed escrima sticks, your used kendo sticks, and unbreakable tables, as WWE's most insane PPV of the year, Extreme Rules, comes to the WWE Network today. During this event, many matches have rules that are... well... extreme. From table matches to steal cages to matches with weapons are allowed to be used, Extreme Rules tends to be one brutal event, but not like ECW in its heyday extreme. That's a bit too much. However, if the rumors around the main event are true, this PPV will be ending with a regular one-on-one match, with Bobby Lashley fighting Roman Reigns.
Extreme Rules will take place at the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and those going to the event or watching from the comfort of their homes will be in store for a night of hard hits and unconventional items being used as weapons. For those not attending the live event, Extreme Rules begins at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT with a Kickoff Show starting one hour prior. Normally, one match takes place during the Kickoff, but as of this writing, there are actually two.
For the first time in a while, there's actually a few fun tag team matches happening at a major WWE event. Daniel Bryan and Kane reunited recently on Smackdown, and now, they have a chance to win the Smackdown Tag Championships from The Bludgeon Brothers. Additionally, it's brother (Bray Wyatt) against brother (Bo Dallas) as the champions The Deleters of Worlds take on The B Team (The "B" stands for "Best") for the Raw Tag Championships. There are seven championships on the line that evening, and the only major title that won't be defended is the Universal Championship--because Brock Lesnar never defends it. At the time of this writing, there are twelve matches on the card. More than likely, this is in the finalized card.
Strangely enough, as of this writing, there is only one Extreme Rules match for the PPV, and that's for the Raw Women's Championship. As of this writing, a Tables Match has been added, but there are no more Extreme Rules matches.
Extreme Rules Match Card:
- Sin Cara vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas (KICKOFF SHOW)
- The New Day vs. SAnitY (Tables Match on KICKOFF SHOW)
- Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens (Steel Cage Match)
- Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley
- Finn Bálor vs. "Constable" Baron Corbin
- Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Seth Rollins (30-Minute Iron Man match for the Intercontinental Championship)
- The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. Team Hell No (For the Smackdown Tag Championship)
- Deleters of Worlds (c) vs. The B-Team (For the Raw Tag Championship)
- Carmella (c) vs. Asuka (For the Smackdown Women's Championship with James Ellsworth suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage))
- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax (Extreme Rules match for the Raw Women's Championship)
- Jeff Hardy (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura (For the United States Championship)
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Rusev (For the WWE Championship)
Make sure to come back to GameSpot later today for live coverage of WWE's Extreme Rules. For now, check out our predictions for the event.