WWE Elimination Chamber PPV 2021 Final Results
The Miz comes in and completely flips everything on its head.
On the road to Wrestlemania, there was a pitstop at the February PPV Elimination Chamber. The WWE event saw two matches in the titular steel structure, and all of the results for the show are below.
Elimination Chamber closed out with The Miz casing in his Money in the Bank contract and winning the WWE Championship from Drew McIntyre. The final match of the evening was the Elimination Chamber bout for the WWE Championship. Drew McIntyre had to go through a gauntlet of former champs in order to retain his title. And while he came out as a winner, Hurt Business member Bobby Lashley came to the ring and attacked McIntyre. And afterward, The Miz ran to the ring, cashed in his Money in the Bank contract for a match against McIntyre for the title. And The Miz won. The show closed out with Miz holding his newly-acquired championship.
WWE's Elimination Chamber PPV aired on the WWE Network, taking place at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida inside the Thunderdome. Below, you'll find the match card for the show, and there were a few changes leading up to the Kickoff Show in the early evening of February 21.
- Mustafa Ali vs. Elias vs. John Morrison vs. Ricochet (KICKOFF SHOW: Winner enters US Championship match)
- Drew McIntyre vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Sheamus (Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship)
- Kevin Owens vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro vs. Jey Uso vs. Sami Zayn vs. King Corbin (SmackDown Elimination Chamber match)
- Roman Reigns vs. Winner of Smackdown Elimination Chamber match (Universal Championship)
- Bobby Lashley vs. Riddle vs. Kickoff Show winner (United States Championship)
- Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler vs. Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair (Women's Tag Team Championship)
Below, you'll find the final results for the show, and while you're here, listen to predictions to the show of the Wrestle Buddies, GameSpot's wrestling podcast featuring Chris E. Hayner and Mat Elfring. Additionally, there will be important notes from each match as well, in case anything wild happens.
- Keith Lee has been removed from the card. The Kickoff Show match will be a Fatal 4-Way where the winner will replace Lee in the United States Championship match.
- Women's tag team championship match added before the Kickoff. Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks will be teaming to take on the champs.
Mustafa Ali vs. Elias vs. John Morrison vs. Ricochet
(Winner goes on to United States Championship match)
What a bizarre match. This seems like something really building towards a long-overdue Mustafa Ali push--as the other members of Retribution were alongside him during the match. However, that wasn't the outcome. It went to Morrison, who is enjoying a real singles run since his return to the company. Morrison won with a rollup on Ali, so there's a chance we could see Retribution get some retribution (sorry) during the triple threat later in the evening.
John Morrison wins by pinning Mustafa Ali.
Kevin Owens vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro vs. Jey Uso vs. Sami Zayn vs. King Corbin
(SmackDown Elimination Chamber match)
We'll be keeping notes of when people enter and who is eliminated.
- Cesaro and Daniel Bryan will kick off the match
- King Corbin is third to enter the chamber
- Sami Zayn is fourth to enter the chamber
- Cesaro submits King Corbin
- Kevin Owens is the fifth to enter the chamber
- Jey Uso is the last to enter the chamber
- Owens pins Zayn
- Uso pins Owens
- Uso pins Cesaro
- Bryan pins Uso.
Daniel Bryan wins
That felt like a main event. How is anything going to follow this?
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
Oh.... here's the transitional match/palate cleanser.
This was a short one, but Bryan didn't go down without a fight. during the chamber match, Bryan's leg took a huge beating, and in general, the match was grueling for him--as he was one of the first competitors. It looked like Bryan was going to submit Reigns right away, but after a couple minutes, Reigns made Bryan pass out.
Reigns submits Bryan
Edge came out after the match and speared Reigns, then pointed to the Wrestlemania sign--it's pointin' season. So we'll see Reigns vs. Edge at mania, most likely.
Wait... then why have Bryan put on such an amazing performance in the chamber match? It's not like a loss to Reigns right after that match does anything for him. This is all very confusing.
Bobby Lashley vs. Riddle vs. John Morrison
(United States Championship)
Riddle pins John Morrison
Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler vs. Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair
(Women's Tag Team Championship)
Jax pins Banks
That was a weird finish. Reginald handed Banks a champagne bottle while she was in the ring. Banks was confused and the ref grabbed the bottle from her. Jax hit Banks from behind, then did a samoan drop and got the win.
Drew McIntyre vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Sheamus
(Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship)
The deal is the same as the last chamber match. You'll get updates below for entrants and eliminations.
- Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton will begin the math
- Drew McIntyre enters third
- Kofi Kingston enters fourth
- AJ Styles escapes his pod early
- Kingston eliminates Orton
- Sheamus enters sixth
- Sheamus pins Kofi
- McIntyre pins Hardy
- Styles pins Sheamus
- McIntyre pins Styles
McIntyre retains the WWE Championship
The match itself was a bit lackluster, especially compared to the first chamber bout. It went pretty much as planned, with McIntyre winning. However while McIntyre was celebrating, Bobby Lashley showed up and beat up the champion. The Miz then comes down and cashes in his Money in the Bank contract.
Drew McIntyre vs. The Miz
The Miz wins by pin
This was a quick one.