WWE 2K20 Celebrates Chyna And Other Women Superstars
Chyna finally returns to a WWE video game.
2K Games' yearly WWE series made vast improvements last year with WWE 2K19, primarily with its Showcase mode, which was a documentary-style mode focused on the career of superstar Daniel Bryan. This year, WWE celebrates the evolution of women's wrestling with WWE 2K20, arriving this October.
Two of the most popular superstars in WWE, Becky Lynch and Roman Reigns appear on this year's cover of the game--which you can see below--and this year's Showcase Mode will revolve around the Four Horsewomen: Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Bayley, and Sasha Banks. Players will get to relive moments in the careers of these four WWE superstars in this story-driven mode, which will appeal to both new and veteran players of the series.
In addition to putting one of the most popular WWE superstars on the cover and basing Showcase Mode around the women of the WWE, 2K has another first up its sleeve. WWE 2K20 will be the first time you can play MyCareer as both men and women superstars, as well as the return of Mixed Tag matches.
This also marks the first time since 2000's WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role that Chyna will be a playable character. The late female superstar is a former WWF Women's Champion and two-time Intercontinental Champion. In 2019, she was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as a member of the over-the-top '90s stable D-Generation X. She'll be available at launch for those who buy the Deluxe or Collector's Editions, and more than likely, she'll be available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
Speaking of DLC, 2K seems to be changing things up a bit. While no roster packs have been announced, WWE 2K20 will be offering a new service model called WWE 2K20 Originals. Each of these Originals--which may require an additional purchase--will contain a playable world and its own theme, and more details will be announced at a later date. From the sound of the description in the press release, players may be getting more Showcase Mode-like content as DLC. Additionally, the gauntlet mode Towers returns, including a story-driven tower centered around the career of Roman Reigns.
Below, you'll find the details for both the Deluxe and Collector's Editions of WWE 2K20. More details about each version's contents will be revealed at a later date.
WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition:
- Copy of the game
- Accelerator--Gain access to unlockable content at launch and control playable character's stats
- Kickstart--25 additional attribute points and 8 additional skill points for MyCareer. Also, 25,000 VC starting bonus, 15 free boosts, 2,000 free tokens, and 400 free deluxe tokens.
- Complete set of WWE 2K20 Originals content packages (details will later be announced)
- Additional playable characters: Chyna, Hulk Hogan, $500 shirt The Rock, and Rock 'n' Sock Connection Mankind
- WWE Supercard Limited Edition Cards (physical versions only)
WWE 2K20 Collector's Edition:
- Everything in Deluxe Edition (Accelerator, Kickstart, Originals package, Additional characters, WWE Supercard LE cards)
- Exclusive WWE Smackdown Ring Skirt Relic Piece (2002-2008)
- Limited Edition WWE Smackdown Legend Autographed Plaque (Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, or Edge)
WWE 2K20 goes on sale October 22, 2019 and will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.