Wreckfest Season 1 Ends With New Free Tracks And Tournament Season
Wreckfest has released the final DLC of Season 1, alongside some freebies that are available to everyone on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Wreckfest has wrapped up Season 1 of DLC with the Banger Racing Car Pack, which includes three new cars, alongside some new free content on all platforms. Publisher THQ Nordic is also teasing a Season 2 of DLC, so the game will likely continue to receive new cars and cosmetics going forward.
Here's the three cars included in this last wave of Season 1 DLC, as per the press release:
- Sweeper: This midsize racer is a perfect blend of agility, speed and toughness - a great all-rounder for every type of race.
- Hearse: This banger racing classic excels at derbies since it can both give and take serious punishment.
- Stock Car: A versatile little rocket that feels right at home on every oval and Figure 8 track.
The game's free update is promising a new Tournament Season, called the Banger Bash, as well as two new tracks. Kingston Raceway is a figure-8 circuit track, while Mudford Motorpark is a derby arena with a concave center point. Banger Bash will run through July, and you can earn another new car by competing.
The Free Update includes:— THQ Nordic (@THQNordic) July 7, 2020
- A new Tournament Season: Banger Bash
- Two new tracks: Kingston Raceway and Mudford Motorpark
- AI players now using DLC cars
- Stability and performance improvements
Wreckfest earned a 9/10 in GameSpot's review. "It's rare when a racing game manages to modernize and reinvigorate an old formula with spectacular confidence, but Wreckfest does just that," wrote reviewer James Swinbanks. "Minor issues with menus and its soundtrack aside, it wows with a gorgeous look and wonderful driving feel, along with a damage system that satisfies in the most brutal of fashions."
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com