Wonder Woman 1984: Release Dates For International Markets Announced
Here's when you can watch Wonder Woman 1984 in a theatre where you live.
Following delays, Warner Bros. recently announced that Wonder Woman 1984 will debut on Christmas Day through HBO Max and in theatres in North America that are open.
But HBO Max is not available in other parts of the world, and as such, the superhero movie is going ahead with a theatrical release that begins before the film debuts in America. Warner Bros. has now announced the full international release scheduled for the sequel, and it kicks off on December 16 in Belgium, Bulgaria, Egypt, Estonia, France, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Indonesia, Portugal, South Africa, Switzerland, and the UK.
Then on December 17, the movie will open in places like Brazil, Denmark, Mexico, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates. Wonder Woman 1984 will premiere in China, Japan, and Spain on December 18, with Germany, Korea, and Austria to follow on December 23. Hungary and Slovenia get the film on Christmas Eve, while the Christmas Day markets include the US, Venezuela, Sweden, Norway, Lithuania, Latvia, Indie, Finland, Colombia, and Canada.
On December 26, Wonder Woman 1984 comes to more markets, including Australia and New Zealand, with other countries to follow later in December and into January. You can see the full international release plans for Wonder Woman 1984 below, as compiled by Variety.
Regarding the move to HBO Max, Warner Media boss Ann Sarnoff said, "As we navigate these unprecedented times, we've had to be innovative in keeping our businesses moving forward while continuing to super-serve our fans. We realize that a lot of consumers can't go back to the movies due to the pandemic, so we also want to give them the option to see Wonder Woman 1984 via our HBO Max platform."
Unlike the Disney Plus release of Mulan, Warner Bros. will not charge HBO Max subscribers an additional fee to stream Wonder Woman 1984.
Wonder Woman 1984 International Release Plans:
- Wednesday, December 16 — Belgium, Bulgaria. Egypt, Estonia, France, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Indonesia, Portugal, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Thursday, December 17 — Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, Middle East, Nicaragua, Panama, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates
- Friday, December 18 — China, East Africa, Japan, Nigeria, Spain, Vietnam
- Wednesday, December 23 — Austria, Germany, Korea
- Thursday, December 24 — Hungary, Slovenia
- Friday, December 25 — Canada, Colombia, Finland, India, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, Venezuela, United States
- Saturday, December 26 — Australia, New Zealand
- Thursday, December 31 — Argentina
- Thursday, January 7 — Ukraine, Uruguay
- Friday, January 8 — Philippines
- Thursday, January 14 — Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Russia
- Friday, January 15 — Romania, Turkey
- Thursday, January 21 — Chile, Peru
- Friday, January 22 — Poland
- Thursday, January 28 — Italy
- TBD — Bahrain, Ghana, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Asia – Other, LatAm – Other, Islands – Other
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org