Wolfenstein: Youngblood Is Less Frustrating After Recent Patch
Your AI partner has gotten a lot smarter with the latest Wolfenstein: Youngblood update.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
If you're having trouble making it through Wolfenstein: Youngblood, a new patch aims to alleviate some frustration. Available right now on PC and sometime next week on consoles, the latest Youngblood update makes the game easier with the addition of checkpoints, improved companion AI, and more.
Patch 1.0.5 adds a variety of "player-requested features," including checkpoints in Towers and end bosses, a toggle to remove enemy health bars, and improvements to the companion AI. This last one is important, as update 1.0.5 will now see your AI partner retreat more often when taking damage from large enemies, as well as being able to heal you when you're downed.
Elsewhere in the patch, Youngblood will see the difficulty of all boss fights adjusted, the "bullet sponginess" of enemies supposedly reduced, an increase in special weapon ammo in the more challenging levels, and more. While the PC version of Youngblood saw 1.0.5 today, and the PS4 and Xbox One versions will see 1.0.5 next week, the Nintendo Switch version will get 1.0.5 sometime "in the following weeks." You can check out the full update notes below.
1.0.5 follows patch 1.0.4, which dropped earlier this month. That update introduced a host of changes and fixes, including issues surrounding players loading into online matches despite selecting the offline option, padlocked doors being opened from the wrong side, and more. Most significantly, patch 1.0.4 added the ability to pause Youngblood while offline. Since the Nintendo Switch still has yet to get 1.0.4, both updates will be combined in 1.0.5.
In our Wolfenstein: Youngblood review, we said, "Wolfenstein: Youngblood has the series' signature first-person shooting thrills that'll have you gladly busting shots and blasting lasers in the face of Nazi trash--and the opportunity to do so alongside a friend. Jess and Soph--and Abby too--learned from the best, and embrace their newfound duty of ridding their world of tyranny while being cool as hell doing it. Youngblood is short, but oh-so sweet."
Full Patch 1.0.5 Notes
- Adjusted difficulty of all boss fights.
- Enemies can now have their health bars toggled on or off in the Options menu. (This does not turn off armor types.)
- Took a variety of actions to reduce the feeling of enemy "bullet sponginess."
- An amount of ammo for basic weapons is now replenished after a player respawns.
- Added more special weapon ammo throughout more difficult areas.
- Added duplicate tutorial laptops to the game to make 100% completion more attainable.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some enemies in certain areas to spawn prematurely.
- Increased the speed of switching between certain weapons to make it easier to adapt to enemy armor types.
- Client players can now explode Host player DKW charges by shooting them.
- A data tape required to complete the Silent Outpost mission could go missing, preventing completion of the mission. This tape will now appear correctly for all players.
- Equalized damage modifiers for all weapon classes and upgrades for Host and Client players. Previously a bug could cause one player to do a lot more damage with certain weapon types and upgrades.
- The "available unlocks" and message could play despite there being active enemies. This will no longer occur.
- Fixed a variety of timing bugs with completion events that could cause progression not to be saved in certain circumstances.
- Co-op levers will now work much more reliably when playing solo.
- Improved sister AI so that she gets out of the way of large enemies more often and improved ability to successfully heal the player when they are downed.
- Tutorials not collected by players in Paris Streets sections 1 or 2 will now be present in Paris Streets section 3. This will allow players to backtrack from later sections of the game in order to get tutorials that count towards game completion percentage.
- Added checkpoints to all Tower mission and Tower Guardian fights. Note that returning to the towers after completing the main missions will not have checkpoints.
- Players who expend all lives and reset to the latest checkpoint will now find their base weapons refilled to at least 50% of ammo capacity. This will function with all ammo modifier skills and upgrades but does not affect special or heavy weapons.
- Additional special weapon ammo has been added to all boss and guardian fights.
- We have doubled the amount of damage done to armored enemies by the incorrect weapon type. This will result in enemies feeling much less absorptive of damage when the player has the wrong weapon equipped. We still highly encourage players to spend their silver to upgrade a variety of weapon types so as to maximize damage to tough enemies.
- General Winkler has had his health lowered to be more in line with the difficulty of the Zeppelin level.
- The Bombdog damage has been slightly lowered.
- The base Shotgun, Autopistol, and SMG damage output has been increased to bring them in line with other basic weapons.
- Tower Gate Guardians have had their level lowered in all Districts to better reflect the level of enemies inside the Towers. The Towers are still intended to be played by players level 20 or higher.
- Added the ability to toggle "iron sights" on/off. This option can be found in the Controls menu.
- Lowered controller rumble on Xbox One.
- Added the option to turn off enemy health bars to the Gameplay options. Note that this will not turn off armor barriers or enemy level, so we recommend players have a high degree of familiarity with enemies before turning health bars off.
- Added more than 20 additional duplicate tutorials to the Districts to allow for easier game completion as well as better coverage for new players.
- Added a unique icon for Tutorial Computers when player has the correct Secrets Collector upgrade.
- Lowered Lothar's healthpoints during the "Penthouse" stage of the boss.
- Made a variety of changes to Lothar's accuracy and damage during his final stage.
- Added an alarm and audio cue for the 4th Reich jet planes during the Lothar fight to give players more of a chance to dodge or shoot down the planes.
- Reduced the number of missiles during the Lothar flight stage.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com