Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed Syndicate Among the Nominees for Writing Award
Rise of the Tomb Raider and Pillars of Eternity were also nominated for "outstanding achievement" from Writers Guild of America.
The Writers Guild of America on Monday announced the nominations for "outstanding achievement" in video game writing for 2015. Four games were nominated, including The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Pillars of Eternity, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
To be eligible, games needed to have been released between December 1, 2014 and November 30, 2015 and must have included on-screen writing credit(s). Submissions from WGA members and non-members alike were accepted.
Winners will be announced at the 2016 Writers Guild Awards on Saturday, February 13, across concurrent ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York City. Games were judged by a panel of Video Game Writers Caucus members and/or Writers Guild members from the video game field.
2016 Outstanding Achievement in Video Game Writing Nominees:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate:
- Story by: Marc-Alexis Cote, Hugo Giard, Corey May, Jeffrey Yohalem
- Narrative director: Corey May
- Lead writer: Jeffrey Yohalem.
- Assistant narrative director: Melissa MacCoubrey
- Scriptwriters: Russell Lees, Mark Llabres Hill, James Nadiger, Jared Schincariol, Travis Stout, Ceri Young
- Additional writing: Judith Flanders, C.J. Kershner, Gabrielle Shrager, Danny Wallace
- Additional senior writer: Paul Monk
Pillars of Eternity:
- Lead writer: Eric Fenstermaker
- Writers: Carrie Patel, Olivia Veras
- Additional writing: Chris Avellone, Jeff Husges, Matt MacLean, Jorge Salgado, Josh Sawyer, George Ziets
Rise of the Tomb Raider:
- Lead narrative designer: John Stafford
- Narrative designer: Cameron Suey
- Lead writer: Rhianna Pratchett
- Additional writer: Philip Gelatt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
- Lead writer: Marcin Blacha
- Lead English writer: Borys Pugacz-Muraszkiewicz
- Writers: Arkadiusz Borowik, Aleksandra Motyka, Bartosz Ochman, Karolina Stachyra, Jakub Szamalek
- Additional writers: Marcin Batylda, Michal Galek, Tomasz Marchewka, Robert Oglodzinski, Rafal Praszalek, Artur Sliwinski, Stanislaw Swiecicki, Pawel Zych.
- Story: Marcin Blacha, Jakub Szamalek
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.