Windows 10 Xbox App Now Available to Testers
Join Windows Insider program to test the Xbox app on Windows 10
Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- September 8-14, 2019 Nintendo Switch Update 9.0.0 Out Now - GS News Update Borderlands 3 - Craziest Guns We've Seen So Far Borderlands 3 Opening Cinematic Apple Reveals iPhone 11, Apple Arcade Price & Release Date - GS News Update Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare - Multiplayer Beta Trailer Borderlands 3 Amara Guide: Character Builds And Skills Rambo Movies Explained: From First Blood To Last Blood Final Fantasy 7 Remake Has Turn-Based Combat - GS News Update Fight To The Beat In No Straight Roads | PAX West 2019 Pokemon Go Gets Gen 5 Pokemon - GS News Update Dragon Quest 1, 2, & 3 Coming to Switch - GS News Update
Microsoft's Windows Insider program that allows members to test early version of Windows 10 has added an early version of the Xbox app to it's latest January build.
"With the initial preview release of the Xbox app, the team has focused on ‘the basics’, including supporting high resolution desktop monitors, keyboard and mouse input, and will continue to add new functionality until we finally ship the Xbox on Windows application and experiences later this year," Microsoft said on Xbox Wire.
As with all Windows features as part of the Windows Insider program, Microsoft's plan is to continupnely update the Xbox app based on user feedback.
For now, you can watch some of the basic features of the Xbox app in the video above, or courtesy of Xbox Wire, read what's currently included in the app below.
If you're not a part of the Windows Insider program, you can join here.
- Your Profile – provides you quick access to your Xbox profile and recent activity and achievements. With the initial preview build, you can see your Gamerscore, recent Activity, Achievements, Following lists and Game Clips.
- Activity – provides detailed information on your last game played and also allows you to post updates to your Activity Feed.
- Achievements – allows you to browse all of the games you have recently played across all platforms and see how you are doing on Achievements.
- Following – displays your Friends and also enables you to see games that you are following. You can “Follow” a game by clicking on the Follow button on the game details page.
- Game Clips – provides you access to your recorded game clips
- Home – the Xbox app home page will provide you quick access to your Recently Played games, your friends and their online status and an Activity Feed of recent events, game clips, etc.
- Recently Played – you can see your recently played games, along with your gamer score and achievements earned across all platforms, you can also filter this list down to Xbox One and eventually other devices. When you click on a game, you bring up the Game Hub– where you can see your Gamerscore, Achievement status, Time played and Game clips for a particular game. Additionally, this is where you can choose to “Follow” a game.
- Friends – you can see your friends across devices and search and find new friends. Additionally, you can go the profile page for your friends and followers and view their recent activity, achievements, friends, games they follow and game clips.
- People you might know – the new Xbox app on Windows 10 provides you with a list of people that you might want to add to your Friends list, for example people that are Following you.
- VIPs on Xbox – You can now also choose to follow key gamers and content creators across the Xbox Live community, such as Clip Creators and Popular Broadcasters.
- Activity Feed – you can view your activity feed and post text, like and comment on your friends’ recent achievements and Game clips. In this version of preview build, the sharing functionality is not yet enabled.
- Messages - Users can view messages from other users and system messages / notifications.
- Settings – Within settings, you can see the current Version number of the Xbox on Windows app, and choose to Sign out from the app. Additionally, you can turn on/off the following items:
- Live tile – choose to display # of friends online, unread messages and activity alerts on the Xbox app tile on the Windows 10 Start menu
- Notifications - for the following items:
- Favorite online – Notify me when my favorite friends are online
- Twitch broadcast started – Notify me when my favorite friends start broadcasting
- Message – Notify me when I get a new message
Windows 10 Briefing: All the News
- LIVE BLOG
- Windows Holographic Revealed
- In Pictures: Windows Holopgraphic
- Xbox One to Integrate Windows 10 OS
- PC Can Stream Xbox One Games
- Fable Legends Coming to PC, Supports Xbox One Cross-Platform Play
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Revealed
- Windows 10 Xbox App Revealed
- Cortana Coming to Windows 10 PCs
- Universal Windows 10 Apps coming to Xbox One
- Internet Explorer's Successor, Project Spartan, Revealed
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com