What Happens in the Assassin's Creed Movie Affects the Games
Plus, Ubisoft says Michael Fassbender's "Callum" character is "very different" than Desmond.
Ubisoft has shared some new details about the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie, which we saw the first official image of this week, depicting Michael Fassbender as a new character named Callum.
Assassin's Creed head of content, Azaizia Aymar, took over the Ubisoft Twitter account on Friday to answer fan questions about the movie. Among other things, he revealed that Callum will be a "very different" assassin than Desmond and others, and that Abstergo will definitely show up. He also confirms that what happens in the movie will affect the wider Assassin's Creed universe, including games and comics. Check out some of the highlights from Aymar's Twitter takeover below the video.
Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month -- July 2020 Fortnite - Collect Floating Rings At Lazy Lake (Season 3 Week 3 Guide) Mortal Shell - Souls Style Combat And Massive Boss Battle Your Cyberpunk 2077 Questions Answered Hyper Scape - Everything We Know Free PS4 PlayStation Plus Games For July 2020 Revealed Mount & Blade 2 As A Baby With Chris Bratt Ever Forward: Exclusive Otherworldly Exploration Gameplay Accessibility In The Last Of Us Part 2 w/ Steve Saylor | GameSpot After Dark #48 The Twilight Zone "Downtime" Season 2 Episode 2 Breakdown & Easter Eggs! Iron Man VR Gameplay - Defending The Helicarrier Who is MODOK? Marvel's Avengers Villain Origins
New Assassin's Creed Movie Details
- The movie aims to appeal to fans of the series and newcomers alike "by creating a new story but staying in our universe. A new experience consistent w/ our brand & DNA."
- More specifically: "We need to be welcoming and not self-centered, so the way to succeed is by focusing on the story first!"
- The movie takes place in the late 15th century during the Spanish Inquisition.
- In addition to Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Michael K. Williams, and Ariane Labed have been cast. The full cast reveal coming soon.
- Fassbender will play both parts: Callum in the modern day and Aguilar back in time as his ancestor.
- Abstergo will definitely play a part.
- Will we see familiar faces? "It's a brand new story, w/ new characters set in our universe. It's possible you may find some familiar faces."
- What happens in the movie affects the wider Assassin's Creed universe. "We share the same universe. Elements in the film have consequences as in our games, comics, and books."
- The movie's December 21, 2016 release date is curious. It's the day that Desmond saved the world, but that's not all. "And died… Save the world and died, so I hope it's not a bad omen!"
- The movie is not based on any one particular Assassin's Creed game.
- Modern-day will have a big part to play in the movie. "Oh yes, the modern day is a key element in the franchise, and it is a key element in the movie."
- Callum is "very different" than Desmond and others from the series. "Don't want to spoil by describing him, but he's very different from Desmond, Clay, or Daniel Cross, thank god ;)"
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com