Weekly Report: Game Nights Return!
Community News - Streaming Games Board opens and more!
- Streaming Games Board: We've created a new forum dedicated to streaming services and free to play games. Stop by to check it out.
- Game Night Returns: Stop by on Tuesday 4/7/09 to participate in the first game night of the year. The game will be Left 4 Dead on the PC or 360. We'll be handing out a participation celebration emblem.
Note: If you cannot participate in the first game night of the year because of the ESRB rating, please read the game night FAQ for further information.
- Participation Emblem Alert: If you're an avid contributor of GameSpace banners you can receive an emblem for helping out numerous times. The following staff and users received the Banner Printer emblem last week: anthonyr1, capedbear , chilledmartini, insinuendo, rohver, ticonorico21, yevinorion and zixarga.
This week's member spotlight goes to Moroes for his editorial about how some of today's games are using the same molds as previous games. Here's an excerpt:
The sad truth is that the companies are scared to be creative, due to the increased chance of failure. Failure results in less money, and at this point everyone is trying to get as much money as they possibly can. I wouldn't blame them.
- The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai (X360) by ruff_edgz
- Crysis (PC) fat_otter
- Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill (PC) Azghouls
- Mass Effect (X360) bacchus2
- BioShock (X360) borninvincible
- Lost Odyssey (X360) spazzx625
Randomness teh Awesome
- GoryAbomination received the hotspot homework emblem for his Zelda concept art.
- Lik has posted some pictures of his handheld games collection.
The Mod of the Month for April goes to Hungry_Bunny. Who would you have chosen? Stop by this thread to vote.
We brought aboard quite a few initiate moderators last week. Off-topic leaked the inormation, but if you don't hang out there, the new modlings include btaylor2404, iowastate, dab198, Gamecamiller, Bozanimal and Mattykovax. They all have quite a long journey ahead to make it past the hazing period.
1) Is he or she an established community member of the website you are using? GameSpot has a record of how long a user has been registered in the user profile page and each forum post has the user's count and profile level on the site. On GameSpot it is a good idea to check the profile level and visit the user's profile to see who they are before considering a recommendation or website they are linking to.
5) And our last tip was provided by Hungry_Bunny. When you're using any site that someone directed you to, check the website url in the browser and see if you re logged in. If not, DO NOT login. For instance, let's say you were happily browsing GameSpot and a unfamiliar user refers what you think is another url to a page on GameSpot. You click the link and the site looks like GameSpot and you are logged out. Check the url because some websites are created to phish your contact information for the purpose of stealing your identity.
Until next week!