Watch the First Dishonored 2 Gameplay Video Here
Developer Arkane showcases key game details for first time at E3 2016.
Publisher Bethesda and developer Arkane Studios have for the first time showcased extended in-game footage of the highly anticipated stealth-FPS, Dishonored 2.
Harvey Smith, Arkane's co-creative director, talked through the game at Bethesda's pre-E3 press conference, held at the LA Hanger facility in Los Angeles on Sunday.
The first gameplay trailer can be found below.
Set 15 years after the first game, Dishonored 2 stars Emily Kaldwin, the usurped empress on a mission to unlock the conspiracy that led to her banishment from Dunwall.
Smith discussed a wide range of subjects, from the game's new setting (in Carnaca, referred to as "the jewel of the south") to the art direction, to the dynamic storms that occur in game, to the scope for stealth and combat.
He added that the studio is obsessing over the details. He said: "We want every market, and every alley, to tell a story."
All of Emily Kaldwell's powers are new and can be upgraded via skills trees, Smith added.
The designer then went on to showcase two in-game missions. The first, an objective to assassinate Carnaca's Vice Overseer, showcased regular and supernatural combat. One notable manoeuvre was Emily's ability to transform into shadowform and crawl along the floor undetected, before disembodying an enemy.
The second gameplay clip depicted a peculiar in-game timepiece that allowed Emily to look through a lens and see the world in the past. She was also able to jump back and forth between time and affect both worlds.
Smith said the DNA of Dishonored was about options and exploration, in that the game has many pathways through each mission, and a wide range of supernatural powers that give players options to approach the game however they choose.
Dishonored 2 ships on November 11 for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
BETHESDA E3 CONFERENCE - ALL THE NEWS
- Watch the First Dishonored 2 Gameplay Video Here--Developer Arkane showcases key game details for first time at E3 2016.
- Dishonored 2 – Official E3 Gameplay Trailer--Watch the official gameplay trailer for Dishonored 2
- Dishonored 2 Collector's Edition Revealed--Bethesda warns of limited supply.
- Prey Revealed at E3 2016--Bethesda reworks its Prey sequel into an Arkane-helmed first person adventure.
- Prey Reboot Trailer--Prey isn't dead! Check out the trailer for the reboot of Prey at the Bethesda Press Conference at E3.
Fallout 4/Fallout Shelter
- Big Fallout Shelter Update Coming Soon Alongside PC Version--Bethesda announces new details on what's next for Fallout Shelter.
- Fallout 4's Next DLC Revealed, New Release Coming Next Week--Here's what's coming to the acclaimed RPG later this year.
- New Fallout 4 DLC and Fallout Shelter E3 2016 Updates Trailer--Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter have a ton of new updates for you to enjoy. Check out the reveal trailer.
- Fallout Shelter Reaches 50 Million Players--New milestone achieved one year after release.
- Watch First Trailer for Doom Dev's Quake: Champions--id Software is bringing back another beloved PC shooter.
- Quake Champions Reveal Trailer--Check out the E3 2016 teaser trailer for Quake Champions.
The Elder Scrolls
- Skyrim Remaster Announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC--Bethesda is releasing an HD version of the acclaimed and beloved 2011 RPG for new consoles later this year.
- Skyrim Special Edition at E3 2016--Watch the Skyrim Special Edition trailer seen at the Besthesda Conference at E3 2016.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends Release Expands to Mac, Android, and iPad--Check out the campaign trailer here.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends - Official E3 2016 Campaign Intro Cinematic--Learn more about the story in the intro cinematic for the campaign mode, revealed during the BE3 2016 Showcase.
- E3 2016: Elder Scrolls Online Update Lets Players Explore World Freely--One Tamriel lets all players explore the world freely after finishing the tutorial.
- Doom Getting Unto The Evil DLC, SnapMap Free Updates Coming--More free multiplayer modes to roll out over the coming months.
Fallout 4 and Doom VR Versions Announced--Fallout 4's VR edition is coming to HTC Vive in 2017.
New Wolfenstein teased--split second image during Quake trailer refers to "The New Colossus"
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.