Watch people get scared playing Resident Evil creator's upcoming game
Bethesda releases video showing off "actual playtest reactions" to The Evil Within.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Alongside the announcement that The Evil Within--the next game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami and Tango Gameworks--has been delayed to October 2014, publisher Bethesda today released a new promotional trailer showing off just how scary the game is for playtesters.
The short video features "actual playtest reactions" from a handful of men and women meant to display the scare-factor for The Evil Within.
It's not the first time a major publisher has released a "reaction" video to hype an upcoming game. To promote 2011's Dead Space 2, Electronic Arts launched a YouTube campaign called "Your Mom Hates Dead Space 2," which featured reactions from mothers about the game's mature-rated content.
The Evil Within was previously scheduled to launch in August, but now comes to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC on October 21, just ten days before Halloween. Bethesda also announced today that if you preorder The Evil Within you will unlock an expansion pack called The Fighting Chance Pack. It includes the following:
- Medical Kit -- A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel -- Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells -- A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt -- Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt -- Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.