Watch Microsoft's GDC Livestream Today: Xbox Series X, Gears 5, XCloud, And More Panels
See the full schedule for the GDC panels, which will include various Xbox Game Studios partners, here.
Despite being postponed due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Game Developers Conference is still continuing as a digital event, with talks being streamed throughout the week on Twitch. As part of this, Microsoft will hold its two-day Game Stack presentation, during which the company intends to talk more about Project xCloud and the Xbox Series X, among other things. You'll be able to watch it all here on GameSpot. [Update: The stream is ongoing, and you can watch it below. A rumor circulated just as the stream began regarding a Thanksgiving release date for the Xbox Series X was apparently untrue.]
Microsoft's "New Chapter in Gaming" panel will begin shortly--it starts on Wednesday, March 18 at 11:55 AM PT / 2:55 PM ET / 6:55 PM GMT, and it plans to discuss Xbox Series X and xCloud during this. It's unclear what the company plans to cover during the livestream, but the official Game Stack website states the company will discuss "the latest cloud and game development technologies from Microsoft, go behind-the-scenes with design and development decisions made by teams at Xbox Game Studios and creators in the ID@Xbox program."
There are other presentations Microsoft will hold, including a bunch that start on March 17. These include panels with Gears 5 developer The Coalition, a discussion about what Game Stack is, a look at how Rare built its pirate action-adventure game Sea of Thieves, and more. There are also talks happening on Wednesday, March 18 alongside the company's "New Chapter in Gaming" panel, including chats with developers Double Fine (Rad) and inXile Entertainment (Wasteland 3), and much more.
The digital version of GDC officially began on Monday, March 16 and runs until Friday, March 20. You can check the full Game Stack schedule below.
Microsoft Game Stack GDC 2020 Livestreams (Times Listed In PT)
Day One: March 17
- 10:00 AM - Welcome to Game Stack Live!
- 10:25 AM - The Coalition: How Gears 5 became the accessibility gold-standard
- 10:45 AM - Building accessibility into your game - the Xbox Accessibility Guidelines
- 11:00 AM - Panel: The changing nature of today’s game industry
- 11:30 AM - Panel: How to be intentionally inclusive in your game design
- 12:15 PM - What is Microsoft Game Stack?
- 12:30 PM - The Importance of LiveOps
- 1:00 PM - Rare: Building Sea of Thieves with a LiveOps Mentality
- 1:35 PM - What it means to run a game studio – a conversation with Turn10
- 2:00 PM - Maximizing impact and reach for your independent games with the ID@Xbox team
Day Two: March 18
- 10:00 AM PM - Previously on Game Stack Live
- 10:10 AM PM - inXile: How hardcore iteration forged the Wasteland series
- 10:40 AM PM - Panel: How online services are defining the next generation of game development
- 11:40 AM PM - Interview with the creator of Bartlow’s Dread Machine
- 11:55 AM PM - Panel: Xbox Series X + Project xCloud = New Chapter in Gaming
- 1:00 PM - Double Fine: How game jams became the studio’s lifeblood
- 1:30 PM - Gears Tactics: thoughts on optimizing for PC
- 1:55 PM - Game Stack Live close
Xbox Series X And Xbox One News
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.