Watch First Trailer for Doom Dev's Quake Champions
Following success of Wolfenstein: The New Order and Doom, id Software is returning to Quake.
Doom developer id Software is working on a new Quake title. The announcement was made during Bethesda's E3 2016 press conference, which opened with a brand new gameplay trailer for the game, entitled Quake Champions.
Tim Willits, studio director at id Software, appeared on stage to reveal the competitive arena-based first-person shooter that, he claimed, is designed for newcomers and veterans. Champions will be "fast" and have amazing graphics running at "120hz with unlocked framerates," he added.
The game will feature a "diverse cast of warriors" with unique attributes and skills. Bethesda and id Software also announced they will be supporting competitive tournaments and leagues. More regarding this will be discussed during QuakeCon.
The official announcement follows the critical success of Doom, which was released in May and received widespread critical acclaim for returning to the visceral, fast-paced gameplay of the PC originals. You can read GameSpot's Doom review here.
Doom's impressive campaign came as somewhat of a surprise to many, and together with Wolfenstein: The New Order, which was also received positively, has led to many fans hoping to see a new Quake.
The last entry in the mainline Quake series was released in 2004, with Quake 4. Since then a spin-off multiplayer game called Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Quake Live, a free-to-play multiplayer game based on Quake III: Arena, have been released.
BETHESDA E3 CONFERENCE - ALL THE NEWS
- Watch the First Dishonored 2 Gameplay Video Here--Developer Arkane showcases key game details for first time at E3 2016.
- Dishonored 2 – Official E3 Gameplay Trailer--Watch the official gameplay trailer for Dishonored 2
- Dishonored 2 Collector's Edition Revealed--Bethesda warns of limited supply.
- Prey Revealed at E3 2016--Bethesda reworks its Prey sequel into an Arkane-helmed first person adventure.
- Prey Reboot Trailer--Prey isn't dead! Check out the trailer for the reboot of Prey at the Bethesda Press Conference at E3.
Fallout 4/Fallout Shelter
- Big Fallout Shelter Update Coming Soon Alongside PC Version--Bethesda announces new details on what's next for Fallout Shelter.
- Fallout 4's Next DLC Revealed, New Release Coming Next Week--Here's what's coming to the acclaimed RPG later this year.
- New Fallout 4 DLC and Fallout Shelter E3 2016 Updates Trailer--Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter have a ton of new updates for you to enjoy. Check out the reveal trailer.
- Fallout Shelter Reaches 50 Million Players--New milestone achieved one year after release.
- Watch First Trailer for Doom Dev's Quake Champions--id Software is bringing back another beloved PC shooter.
- Quake Champions Reveal Trailer--Check out the E3 2016 teaser trailer for Quake Champions.
The Elder Scrolls
- Skyrim Remaster Announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC--Bethesda is releasing an HD version of the acclaimed and beloved 2011 RPG for new consoles later this year.
- Skyrim Special Edition at E3 2016--Watch the Skyrim Special Edition trailer seen at the Besthesda Conference at E3 2016.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends Release Expands to Mac, Android, and iPad--Check out the campaign trailer here.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends - Official E3 2016 Campaign Intro Cinematic--Learn more about the story in the intro cinematic for the campaign mode, revealed during the BE3 2016 Showcase.
- E3 2016: Elder Scrolls Online Update Lets Players Explore World Freely--One Tamriel lets all players explore the world freely after finishing the tutorial.
- Doom Getting Unto The Evil DLC, SnapMap Free Updates Coming--More free multiplayer modes to roll out over the coming months.
Fallout 4 and Doom VR Versions Announced--Fallout 4's VR edition is coming to HTC Vive in 2017.
New Wolfenstein teased--split second image during Quake trailer refers to "The New Colossus"
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.