Watch Dogs 2 DLC and Season Pass Detailed; Comes to PS4 First
Here's what the $40 season pass comes with.
We have known for some time that Watch Dogs 2 would receive a season pass. With the game's release less than two weeks away, Ubisoft has finally shared some details on what you can expect to find in the DLC packs, which come to PS4 first.
The first of the DLC packs arrives in December, introducing a new truck and outfit, as well as a new co-op difficulty level called Mayhem. It remains to be seen how extensive the changes in Mayhem will be, but Ubisoft says it introduces a new enemy type that uses "advanced weaponry."
Two other, more substantial-sounding packs follow the first DLC sometime next spring. Those will add new missions and a co-op mode called Showdown (or Showd0wn, as Ubisoft insists on calling it), the details of which are fairly vague.
All of this is briefly teased in the video above. The season pass also comes with access to two customization DLC packs (there's also some minor DLC available to Amazon Prime members). You can check out Ubisoft's official descriptions for everything below.
- T-Bone Content Bundle (DLC 1): Players will get the style and the swagger of legendary hacker Raymond "T-Bone" Kenney with his truck and outfit and discover Mayhem, a new co-op difficulty level that will pit players against a new enemy archetype armed with advanced weaponry. (Available December 13 for PlayStation 4)
- Human Conditions (DLC 2): Through several hours of additional mission content in three new world stories, players will uncover San Francisco's biggest scandals on the cutting edge of science, medicine and misuse. In Human Conditions, players will also experience new elite co-op missions and face a new enemy type: Jammer, with the technology to hunt players down. (Available Spring 2017)
- No Compromise (DLC 3): Players will experience an all-new world story which mixes Marcus up in the seedy underbelly of San Francisco and puts him in the crosshairs of the Russian mafia. Also includes a new co-op mode: Showdown, where only the best players will get to survive. (Available Spring 2017)
- Psychedelic Pack: Customize Marcus's outfit, weapon, drone and car in the grooviest style. (Available on Day One)
- Root Access Bundle: Includes full sets of outfits, new cars, a drone skin, and a new weapon, as well as the Zodiac Killer mission. (Available this winter)
Watch Dogs 2's season pass is priced at $40 and is included with the Gold edition. There's no word on what pricing will be for the DLC packs individually.
All post-launch DLC for Watch Dogs 2 comes to PS4 30 days before other platforms, not unlike Sony's arrangement with Activision for early Call of Duty DLC.
Watch Dogs 2 recently went gold and is set for launch on November 15 for Xbox One and PS4. PC players will have to wait a bit long; following a recent delay, it arrives on that platform on November 29.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.