Wasteland 3 Release Date Revealed, Coming To PS4, Xbox One, And PC In May
Can you survive the frosted streets of post-apocalyptic Colorado?
After acquiring InExile Entertainment last year, Microsoft confirmed during its X019 livestream that the studio's upcoming RPG, Wasteland 3, will launch on May 19 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Before wrapping up the livestream, InExile boss Brian Fargo announced the game's release date alongside a brand-new trailer that was incredibly chilling. The "1987" trailer, below, shows survivors battling computerized enemies in a snow-covered Colorado devasted by bombs.
Fargo, who is expected to retire after Wasteland 3 ships, said the game was designed as a standalone experience. He also confirmed that no previous knowledge of the Wasteland series, nor playing Wasteland or Wasteland 2, is necessary to jump into Wasteland 3.
Wasteland 3 was announced three years ago through crowdfunding site Fig. Since then, the project has surpassed $3 million and made an appearance at E3 2019. We were able to go hands-on with Wasteland 3, where we said the game is "shaping up to be a solid follow-up that maintains the level of choice and agency from its predecessor--while also really seeing the stakes with its increased production quality."
- X019 Inside Xbox News: Halo Reach Coming To MCC, New Obsidian Game, And More
- Lots Of Final Fantasy Games Coming To Xbox Game Pass; Kingdom Hearts Heads To Xbox One
- Xbox Scarlett Won't Be "Out Of Position" On Power Or Price, Says Xbox Boss
- + Show More X019 News Links (7)
- Rare Announces New IP, Everwild
- Halo: Reach Coming To Xbox Game Pass And PC Soon
- Yakuza Series Is Coming To Xbox Game Pass
- Obsidian's Grounded Is Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Meets Rust
- Life Is Strange Dev Reveals New Game, Tell Me Why
- Outer Worlds Dev's Next Game Is As Far From Space As You Can Get
- DmC and Hellblade Dev's Next Game, Bleeding Edge, Release Date Leaked
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation