Wasteland 3 Release Date Revealed, Coming To PS4, Xbox One, And PC In May
Can you survive the frosted streets of post-apocalyptic Colorado?
Before wrapping up the livestream, InExile boss Brian Fargo announced the game's release date alongside a brand-new trailer that was incredibly chilling. The "1987" trailer, below, shows survivors battling computerized enemies in a snow-covered Colorado devasted by bombs.
Fargo, who is expected to retire after Wasteland 3 ships, said the game was designed as a standalone experience. He also confirmed that no previous knowledge of the Wasteland series, nor playing Wasteland or Wasteland 2, is necessary to jump into Wasteland 3.
Wasteland 3 was announced three years ago through crowdfunding site Fig. Since then, the project has surpassed $3 million and made an appearance at E3 2019. We were able to go hands-on with Wasteland 3, where we said the game is "shaping up to be a solid follow-up that maintains the level of choice and agency from its predecessor--while also really seeing the stakes with its increased production quality."
- X019 Inside Xbox News: Halo Reach Coming To MCC, New Obsidian Game, And More
- Lots Of Final Fantasy Games Coming To Xbox Game Pass; Kingdom Hearts Heads To Xbox One
- Xbox Scarlett Won't Be "Out Of Position" On Power Or Price, Says Xbox Boss
- Rare Announces New IP, Everwild
- Halo: Reach Coming To Xbox Game Pass And PC Soon
- Yakuza Series Is Coming To Xbox Game Pass
- Obsidian's Grounded Is Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Meets Rust
- Life Is Strange Dev Reveals New Game, Tell Me Why
- Outer Worlds Dev's Next Game Is As Far From Space As You Can Get
- DmC and Hellblade Dev's Next Game, Bleeding Edge, Release Date Leaked
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.