Warcraft movie cast revealed, Colin Farrell not listed
Who's going to play an Orc and who'll be Human?
The Blizzard Warcraft movie comes yet another step closer to reality: six members of the film's cast were announced today.
Although no specific roles were listed, Slashfilm revealed the following actors and actresses will star in the film:
- Ben Foster -- The Messenger, 3:10 To Yuma, X-Men: The Last Stand
- Travis Fimmel -- Vikings the television series
- Paula Patton -- Baggage Claim, 2 Guns, Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol, Precious, Hitch
- Toby Kebbell -- The Councilor, The East, Wrath of the Titans, War Horse, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- Rob Kazinsky -- Pacific Rim, Red Tails, HBO’s True Blood
- Dominic Cooper -- Captain America movies, Dead Man Down, My Week with Marilyn, An Education, Mamma Mia!
Despite previous rumors that Colin Farrell had been offered a lead role in Warcraft, he is not mentioned in the film's press release.
Production is set to begin in January 2014, and as reported earlier, the release date is currently March 11, 2016. Other details we already know about the upcoming movie:
- Duncan Jones (Moon) is the director, and he's played every Blizzard game.
- It will be a mix of live action and CG focusing on a Humans vs. Orcs origin story.
- Industrial Light and Magic (the visual effects studio behind Star Wars) will be creating the Orcs.
- Durotan and Lothar will go head-to-head in the movie's story.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org