Valorant Update 1.06 Nerfs Shotguns, Full Patch Notes Revealed
The update, now live on PC, also makes other changes to Valorant, including agent updates and bug fixes.
The biggest change with the new Valorant patch is the nerf to shotguns. The 1.06 update now makes them less accurate when fired while airborne, such as mid-jump or mid-fall. Riot Games said this should curb some of the more frustrating encounters players have with shotguns without making them a totally obsolete option. The studio also said it will monitor the adjustment and is "investigating more potential changes to shotguns."
The rest of the patch is relatively straightforward. Audio and visuals for blinding effects (such as Breach's Flashpoint and Pheonix's Curveball) should now provide a better indication of when these abilities will go off, the "Show Owned Only" toggle now shows up in all screens, and there are various bug fixes for things like disappearing HUDs and missing rewards, among other adjustments.
In other Valorant news, Act 2 kicked off earlier this month and introduced tons of additions to the game, including a new Agent, game mode, battle pass, and more. You can check out the full patch notes here.
Valorant Update 1.06 Patch Notes
- The audio and visuals for blinding effects (Phoenix Curveball and Breach Flashpoint) should better indicate when to turn away, and when it's safe to look again.
- All shotguns updated to be less accurate when fired while in the air.
- Spread penalty when in air increased .5 >>> 1.25.
- While shotguns are doing well in situations they are supposed to, there have been overly frustrating moments where people are accurate with these weapons while in the air. We hope to curb some of those encounters while still making them possible if you catch an opponent at a short distance. We’ll also be investigating more potential changes to shotguns now that we’re rested.
Quality of Life
- In Collection menu screens, the "Show Owned Only" toggle now persists between screens and client restarts.
- Potential fix for the bug where the player's HUD sometimes disappears.
- Fixed a bug in deathmatch match history & match details where ties between three or more players were not displaying as a tie, instead showing the lowest rank as if they were not tied (so a 3-way tie for 2nd would show 4th Place instead of 2nd Place (Tied)).
- Fixed a bug that allowed progress towards competitive matchmaking for new players by forfeiting unrated games.
- Forfeited games will not count towards the Competitive requirement for the team who forfeited.
- Fixed a bug where '<Missing String Table>' would appear in the chat log.
- Fixed a bug where strange player names could appear in chat when managing party invites.
- Fixed a bug where some players were missing rewards after reaching the end of Agent Contracts or the Act Battle Pass. Playing a game should grant the missing rewards, including missing rewards from Act 1.
Valorant News & Announcements
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.