Vader Immortal PSVR Release Date Revealed
The Star Wars VR game is coming to PSVR later this month.
During Sony's August State of Play stream, the company announced a release date for Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series on PSVR. Vader Immortal was previously released episodically on Oculus and is a short-form story following a smuggler working for Darth Vader; the PSVR release will include all three episodes and is launching August 25, 2020 for $30 USD.
Vader Immortal is a canon story within the Star Wars universe and was written by David S. Goyer, who was the screenwriter on Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. It was designed by ILMxLAB, an immersive experience studio founded in 2015. While Vader is the focal point of the plot, you actually play as a smuggler recruited by the Sith Lord to find an artifact. The game features hand-to-hand lightsaber combat and force abilities.
Vader Immortal was first announced for PSVR in May 2020 as part of the Star Wars Day festivities.
PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch And More Games Coverage
- Gran Turismo 7 Delayed To 2022 Due To Challenges Related To COVID-19
- Sony Announces New PSVR Headset For PS5
- PS5 Restock Tracker: Latest Updates For PS5 Availability
- + Show More PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch And More Games Coverage Links (2)
- How To Sign Up For Diablo 2: Resurrected's Alpha
- Splatoon 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch, Coming In 2022
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation