US PC Charts Feb. 22-28: Dawn of War II still on top
Relic's sci-fi RTS retains top billing in The NPD Group's otherwise uneventful weekly retail sales recap.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II has been on a tear of late, scoring top billing in not just the US' PC charts in its opening week, but also those across the globe. In the US at least, THQ and Relic Entertainment's far-future sci-fi real-time strategy game continued to sell well during its second week on the market, with the NPD Group reporting today that Dawn of War II led its PC sales charts for the second week in a row.
In fact, February 21-February 28 looks very much the same as the week prior. Mimicking the mid-February period, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and The Sims 2 Deluxe slotted in descending order behind Dawn of War II. Also-returning favorites World of Warcraft, the WOW Battle Chest, and Spore swapped positions with one another, falling in respective fifth, sixth, and seventh positions.
The Sims Carnival: Snap City, released to abysmal reviews in January 2008, was one of two games to creep back into the chart, the other being Blizzard's best-selling WOW expansion, The Burning Crusade. The Sims 2 Apartment Life rounded out the week's chart in ninth place.
Week of February 21 – February 28, 2009*
1) Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (PC)
2) World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC)
3) The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (PC)
4) The Sims 2 Deluxe (PC)
5) World of Warcraft (PC)
6) World of Warcraft: Battle Chest (PC)
7) Spore (PC)
8) The Sims Carnival: SnapCity (PC)
9) The Sims 2 Apartment Life (PC)
10) World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC)
* The above chart reflects the NPD Group's sales data drawn from a cross-sampling of retailers nationwide. As such, it does not include game sales through nontraditional channels such as digital distribution.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com