Ultra Street Fighter 4 PS4 Update Improves Performance
New update includes a range of tweaks and fixes.
The patch introduces a number of fixes pertaining to antialiasing, anistropic filtering, audio balancing, graphical tweaks, and better save game functionality.
Zelda BOTW Expert Reacts to EVEN MORE Viral Reddit Clips Aliens: Fireteam - Announce Trailer First 22 Minutes Of It Takes Two It Takes Two Is Gaming's First Proper Rom-Com (Feat. Greg Miller) Monster Hunter Rise – Official Light Weapons Gameplay Trailer Top 10 Simpsons Future Predictions of All Time The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope – Accolades Trailer Evil Genius 2: World Domination – Emma Gameplay Trailer Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 - Release Trailer Gears 5 | Operation 6 Trailer Fantasian - Official Story Trailer Fantasian - Official Special Features Trailer
The full list of changes can be found in the list below.
- "Skip" function mapped to Cross button during cinematics
- Default character costume colors 11 & 12 are now unlocked
- Anisotropic filtering improved on all stages and characters
- Antialiasing added on all stages and characters
- Reduced pixilation on various UI elements
- Multiple audio balancing fixes
- Addressed multi-hit audio issues
- Increased resolution of visual effects
- Sonic Boom graphical fix
- Fixed multiple localization and font issues
- Improved save functionality performance
- “Press Start” replaced with "Press Options"
On release, the USF4 for PS4 suffered from a number of issues, including choppy menu screens and strange visual bugs like blurry textures, and high saturation for some character models.
Sony's Gio Corsi, a director of third-party production and developer relations, very quickly responded by saying it is exploring patch options. The company has since issued a number of updates and, over time, the game has improved in quality. Though it still not on par with its Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.