Ultra Street Fighter 4 PS4 Update Improves Performance
New update includes a range of tweaks and fixes.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
The patch introduces a number of fixes pertaining to antialiasing, anistropic filtering, audio balancing, graphical tweaks, and better save game functionality.
Top New Game Releases This Week On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC -- May 20-26 Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Gambles With A Nostalgic Mashup Para Bellum: Hands-On With Rainbow Six Siege's Biggest Update The Witcher 3's Lowest Settings Are An Existential Nightmare | Potato Mode Rainbow Six - Alibi And Maestro Gameplay In Action Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Hero Based Multiplayer Gameplay Resident Evil Code: Veronica Part 8 - Resident Kinevil Rainbow Six Siege Pro League 3 Finals And Operation Para Bellum Reveal Kingdom Hearts 3 - Toy Story World Gameplay Grand Theft Auto 5 - Trap Door Battle Royale Mode Gameplay SoulCalibur 6 - Yoshimitsu Gameplay Reveal Trailer Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi Movie Timeline And Director Reportedly Revealed - GameSpot Universe News Update
The full list of changes can be found in the list below.
- "Skip" function mapped to Cross button during cinematics
- Default character costume colors 11 & 12 are now unlocked
- Anisotropic filtering improved on all stages and characters
- Antialiasing added on all stages and characters
- Reduced pixilation on various UI elements
- Multiple audio balancing fixes
- Addressed multi-hit audio issues
- Increased resolution of visual effects
- Sonic Boom graphical fix
- Fixed multiple localization and font issues
- Improved save functionality performance
- “Press Start” replaced with "Press Options"
On release, the USF4 for PS4 suffered from a number of issues, including choppy menu screens and strange visual bugs like blurry textures, and high saturation for some character models.
Sony's Gio Corsi, a director of third-party production and developer relations, very quickly responded by saying it is exploring patch options. The company has since issued a number of updates and, over time, the game has improved in quality. Though it still not on par with its Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts.