Ubisoft's Pirate Game Skull And Bones Delayed
Skull & Bones has been delayed.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Ubisoft's ambitious pirate game Skull & Bones is not going to launch on time. Ubisoft announced today that the PS4, Xbox One, and PC pirate game is now scheduled to launch during the company's fiscal year 2019-2020. That means the game will launch sometime between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
"Ubisoft has decided to give itself more time to develop Skull & Bones to offer players an even more engaging experience," Ubisoft said. During an earnings call, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said Ubisoft will only incur a "very small" marketing expense for Skull & Bones during the fiscal year, which suggests Ubisoft won't talk much or at all about it until 2019 at the soonest.
Skull & Bones, which was announced at E3 in June, is an intriguing-looking naval warfare battle game where players try to sink their enemies in the Indian Ocean. Developer Ubisoft Singapore made the naval battle sequences in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
The studio has contributed to many Assassin's Creed games over the years as a co-developer; and it also made the canceled Ghost Recon: Phantoms. Skull & Bones is the studio's first title as a lead developer since then.
Last year, GameSpot visited Ubisoft Singapore where we played the game and spoke to its developers. For more, check out GameSpot's interview feature: Skull And Bones Dev Talks Single-Player, Loot Boxes, And Why It's Not An Assassin's Creed Game.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org