Top 10 Movies At The US Box Office This Weekend
Alien: Covenant comes out on top.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is no longer the No. 1 movie in the United States. After spending two weeks at the top of the charts, the movie was beaten by newcomer Alien: Covenant this weekend.
It was close, as Covenant brought in $36 million, compared to $35.1 million for Guardians, according to box-office figures posted by Entertainment Weekly. Covenant might have been No. 1, but it wasn't the success that Fox might have hoped for, as it made around $15 million less than the $51 million that Prometheus made in its first US weekend.
As for Guardians, its $35.1 million pushed its total domestic haul over $300 million. Globally, the movie has now made $733 million with $430 million stemming from international markets.
Also of note this weekend is that King Arthur: Legend of the Sword made $6.85 million in the US to finish sixth, boosting its total domestic haul after two weeks to $27 million. Internationally, the movie is faring better, bringing in $66.2 million to date.
US Box Office Estimates For May 19-21.
- Alien: Covenant – $36 million
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – $35.1 million
- Everything, Everything – $12 million
- Snatched – $7.6 million
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul – $7.2 million
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword – $6.85 million
- The Fate of the Furious – $3.17 million
- The Boss Baby – $2.8 million
- Beauty and the Beast – $2.4 million
- How to Be a Latin Lover – $2.2 million
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation