Top 10 Movies at the US Box Office This Weekend
Doctor Strange wins.
The numbers are in and Marvel's Doctor Strange ruled the box office this weekend, landing at No. 1 with $85 million for its opening in the United States. That's ahead of projections, as estimates pegged the superhero movie to make $65 million-$70 million at the box office for its opening.
Overall box office ticket sales amounted to $192 million for the November 4-6 window, which is up 188 percent compared to last week and up 19 percent compared to a year ago this week when the James Bond movie Spectre opened. All the box office numbers are from Deadline.
"When you have 51% of the weekend driven by PLF, Imax, and 3D, movie theaters exist for a movie like Doctor Strange," Disney executive Dave Hollis said in a statement.
Rounding out the top five movies this weekend at the US box office were Trolls, Hacksaw Ridge, Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween, and Inferno. You can see a full breakdown of this weekend's US box office performance below, as rounded up by Deadline.
November 4-6 US Box Office:
- Doctor Strange -- $85 million (week one)
- Trolls -- $45.6 million (week one)
- Hacksaw Ridge -- $14.7 million (week one)
- Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween -- $7.8 million (week three)
- Inferno --$6.25 million (week two)
- The Accountant -- $5.95 million (week four)
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back -- $5.58 million (week three)
- Ouija: Origin of Evil -- $4 million (week three)
- The Girl on the Train -- $2.8 million (week five)
- Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children -- $2.1 million (week six)
Did you see any movies this weekend? Let us know in the comments below!
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com