Top 10 Game Sales According to NPD May 2014, Watch Dogs on Top
Sittin' on top of the world.
The Complete God of War Timeline Explained! Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Reacts To Game’s Popularity | GameSpot News BONELAB - Gameplay Trailer l Meta Quest The Finals Gameplay Reveal Trailer Halo 3: 10 Things You Never Knew Gotham Knights - Official PC Features Gameplay Trailer Overwatch 2 Launch Trailer KOF XV DLC｜TEAM SAMURAI｜Trailer Moonbreaker: First Look Moonscars - Launch Trailer | Humble Games MultiVersus - Rick Gameplay Trailer Getting Started in Wrath Classic | Return to Northrend
The NPD released their monthly US sales data today for May 2014. Overall sales for the games industry are up, and according to the report, "May 2014 launches sold 800 percent more in dollar sales than May 2013 launches did their respective launch months." Looking at total video games software sales, May 2013 brought in $175M while last month's software sales totaled $274M.
Ubisoft, according to the report, was the "number one corporate publisher for the month."
The top 10 games list follows below, though it's important to keep in mind that this represent new physical retail only, not digital or used game sales.
- Watch Dogs (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC) Ubisoft
- Mario Kart 8 (NWU) Nintendo
- MLB 14: The Show (PS4, PS3, PSV) Sony
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC) Bethesda Softworks
- Minecraft (360, PS3) 5 Microsoft (Corp) Sony
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, 3DS, NWU) Activision Blizzard
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS4. PS3, XBO, PC) Take 2 Interactive
- Titanfall (360, XBO, PC) Electronic Arts
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS) Nintendo
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC, NWU) Activision Blizzard
Nintendo released their NPD data earlier, showing strong sales improvements for the Wii U. And in the overall NPD console sales report, the PlayStation 4 came out on top for the fifth consecutive month.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.