Top 10 Best-Selling Nintendo Wii U and 3DS Games Revealed
No surprises here.
The top-sellers may not surprise you, as Mario Kart 8 topped the list for Wii U, with 8 million units sold. New Super Mario Bros. U (5.45 million), Super Mario 3D World (5.19 million), Nintendo Land (5.13 million), and Super Smash Bros. Wii U (4.99 million) rounded up the top five.
On the portable side, Pokemon X and Y combined for 15.64 million in sales to sit in the No. 1 position for Nintendo 3DS. Other top-sellers included Mario Kart 7 (13.94 million), Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (13.18 million), Super Mario 3D Land (10.98 million), and New Super Mario Bros. 2 (10.6 million).
You can see the full lists of Nintendo's best-selling Wii U and 3DS games below. All figures are good as of September 30 and include physical and digital, as well as games bundled with hardware.
Nintendo reported today that revenue declined, as interest in Wii U games and Amiibo figures dropped off. The company still posted a profit, however, thanks in part to its sale of the Seattle Mariners for $661 million. Additionally, Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima said the company expects to ship 2 million Nintendo Switch consoles during the system's launch month of March 2017.
- Mario Kart 8 -- 8 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U -- 5.45 million
- Super Mario 3D World -- 5.19 million
- Nintendo Land -- 5.13 million
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U -- 4.99 million
- Splatoon -- 4.57 million
- Super Mario Maker -- 3.73 million
- New Super Luigi U -- 2.74 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD -- 1.98 million
- Mario Party 10 -- 1.94 million
- Pokemon X/Y -- 15.64 million
- Mario Kart 7 -- 13.94 million
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire -- 13.18 million
- Super Mario 3D Land -- 10.98 million
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 -- 10.6 million
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf -- 10.34 million
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS -- 8.35 million
- Tomodachi Life -- 5.3 million
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon -- 5.03 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D -- 4.52 million
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com