Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Gets 7.8 GB Patch, See All the Changes Here
Skateboarding game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 has received a big new update. A new patch available now weighs in at 7.8 GB and introduces new content and tweaks a range of gameplay systems.
Xbox One May 2019 Update Out Now - GS News Update Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- May 19-25 2019 Microsoft and Sony Announce Partnership for Gaming and Cloud Services - GS News Update Nintendo, Microsoft, And More: E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule - GS News Update Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Beta Ends, Gets Full Launch - GS News Update Fortnite Week 2: Visit An Oversized Phone, Big Piano, And Giant Dancing Fishy Trophy Rainbow Six Siege’s New Operators Hide In Plain Sight Suda51 Breaks Down His Iconic Career Rage 2 Starter's Guide: Ark Locations, Abilities To Upgrade, And More The Twilight Zone - Episode 8 "Point of Origin" | Easter Eggs & Breakdown Pokemon Go Week-Long Raid Event Announced - GS News Update Rainbow Six Siege Operator Clash Temporarily Removed - GS News Update
The patch notes for 1.03, which can be seen below (via Eurogamer), never use the words "bugs" or "fixes." However, they do note that "gameplay mechanics" have been adjusted. In addition, textures for "many" of the game's characters "have been updated."
Check out the complete Pro Skater 5 1.03 PS4 patch notes below. Presumably, the Xbox One is also getting this patch. The game's Xbox 360 and PS3 versions have been delayed indefinitely.
Pro Skater 5's release in September was not what Activision would have wanted. The game was blasted by critics across the board for its glitches and other issues. GameSpot's Pro Skater 5 review scored it a 3/10. Days after launch, Activision acknowledged the problems and said it hopes to fix them.
Pro Skater 5 1.03 Patch Notes:
- Additional levels have been added (Underground, Wild West)
- Additional character campaigns have been added (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tyler the Creator)
- Lighting and visuals have been improved for several levels
- Ability to regain Special Meter during a single combo has been added
- Per-Mission Leaderboards have been added
- Added option to "Return to Freeskate" while in a Mission or Mode
- Added option to "Return to Freeskate" while search for the other player for Co-op Missions or Modes
- Tutorial has been updated
- Many Pro Skaters' Textures have been updated
- Several Pro Skaters have recived Sponsor update
- Create-a-Park Levels have been updated
- Increased the total number of Stat points a Campaign can earn from 128 to 150
- Several gameplay mechanics within the levels have been updated
- Grinds were updated in several of the levels
- The User Generated Content Rating System has been updated
- Added Likes/Dislikes to the User Generated Levels
- New Challenge UI Flow for matching during FreeSkate has been added
- Leaderboard functionality was updated
- Several multiplayer modes have been added and updated
- Modes added include "Daily Grind," "Skate Hoarding," and "Manual Mayhem"
- More options for user preference have been added including:
- Double tapping grind button to activate slam
- Opt in/out of Global Voice Chat
- Several UI audio effects have been added
- Misc - minor UI fixes and improvements have been made
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com