Titanfall 2 Patch Notes Detail All The Changes In Forthcoming Update
The new update does more than just add the Live Fire mode.
A big update is on the way soon for Titanfall 2, and Respawn has now released the full patch notes. These detail some welcome changes to abilities, Titan and weapon balancing, and more.
The main addition is Live Fire mode, which we've already heard about and seen in action (like in the video above). Beyond that, there's a new Pilot execution and Coliseum map. Faction leaders now have new animations to perform at the start of the dropship sequence and will randomly perform one of these each game. Similarly, there is new audio for DLC commander intros.
Holographic decoys now work a bit differently to make them a more viable choice. They can be deployed on ziplines, don't run along the top of dome shields, and are visible with the threat scope and sonar grenade pings. Titans that are invulnerable during an execution gain a flashing gold health bar so that other players are aware of their state. While editing your loadout, you should no longer lose your mod choices when switching guns.
On the Titan balance side, Tone's Salvo Core does less damage, but its rockets no longer suffer damage falloff. Ronin and Northstar's dash regeneration rate has increased, while Northstar also sees the removal of damage falloff on Flight Core rockets. Aiming down the sights with Scorch's weapon will give you an indication of where the projectile will land.
As far as weapons go, the Archer's homing speed has been fixed. The MGL's projectile speed has been lowered and the fuse time has been increased, while the Devotion has been nerfed with lower long-range damage and more recoil.
There are also new control options, including the ability to toggle one that requires you to hold the Use key/button in order to rodeo a Titan.
You can see everything changing in the full patch notes below.
Despite releasing the patch notes already, Respawn doesn't yet have an exact release date for the update. We know it's intended for release this month, but it said it doesn't want to provide a date until the update passes the certification process. Beyond that, more free updates and content are on the way.
Titanfall 2 Live Fire Update Patch Notes
- Live Fire: A new Pilot vs Pilot elimination game mode! It’s a 6v6 round-based with no respawns, you will have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. You can also win the round if your team is holding the neutral flag when the round timer ends. The team to win 5 rounds first wins the match.
- New Live Fire Map - Meadow, a lush location with grassy lanes and rocky outcroppings that provide site lines for long engagements and sneaky routes for flanking. Also zip lines are back!
- New Live Fire Map - Stacks, an industrial location of open areas that sandwich a dense center point framed by towering structures. The verticality encourages attacks from above and rushes from the outside lanes.
- New Faction Leader animations! Faction Leaders now play a randomly selected animation during the beginning dropship animation.
- New Audio for the DLC Commander Intros.
- Added a new execution, "Late Hit". Deliver a flurry of Stim fueled punches that pummel your enemy to the ground .
- Mixtape Matchmaking: A complete overhaul of our multiplayer matchmaking. This new feature will allow you to create your own “mixtape” of modes to your heart’s desire.
- Gamepad: Custom Button Mapping (Pilot & Titan)
- Gamepad: Crouch Button - "Hold to Crouch" Option ("Toggle" is still default)
- Gamepad: ADS Button - "Toggle" Option ("Hold to ADS" is still default)
- Controls: “Hold <use> to Rodeo” Option (“off” is still default)
- Advanced Hud: Disable Party-Member Coloring on HUD (some colorblind players may prefer this)
- Community FAQ: New section of the FAQ to highlight upcoming patches, DLC drops, trailers, and creations from the community
- New Sounds for the Stim Pilot Execution, “Late Hit”.
- Added Film Grain Slider
- New ambient environmental sound effects to bring the livefire maps to life. Meadow is a fusion of virtual reality and natural forest ambiences while Stacks is a fusion of virtual and industrial sounds.
- Holo pilot decoy can now deploy on ziplines.
- Holo pilot decoy is more resilient when stepping over things and colliding with walls at certain angles.
- Holo pilot decoy is now visible in the threat scope and sonar grenade pings.
- Holo pilot decoy no longer runs on top of dome shields.
- Holo pilot decoy no longer crashes into the ceiling and dies when running through doorways.
- Holo pilot decoy should be more resilient when started during wallruns.
- Kraber can no longer be shot as a semi-automatic if the player presses the reload button at the same time as the fire button.
- Titans that are invulnerable while performing executions will have their lifebars colored gold and flashing to communicate their invulnerability.
- Added some out of bounds triggers and props to block off areas for Crashsite and Complex.
- FOV is now saved per-user.
- When switching weapons while editing a loadout, the game will now preserve your mod choices if possible.
- Ronin now shows his sword in the loadout menus.
- Credit purchasable items now show a credit symbol instead of a lock symbol.
- Friends' names will now show up green in chatroom and in-game.
- Prime Titans can now use Nose Arts.
- Network Admins can send messages to the network in-game, rather than only through titanfall.com
- Added extra text to make clear that Warpaints are not supported on Prime Titans.
- Capped max range of Reapers' weapons in Attrition.
- Toned down the excessively loud dropship sounds in Attrition.
- Adjusted Volume Falloff of Cluster Rocket Explosions so you don't hear them from across the map anymore.
- Added some lobby text notifications to inform players that they are waiting on the party leader before restarting matchmaking.
- Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter.
- Reduced the area affected by the Nuclear Eject screen shake.
- Increasing crit damage Pilots deal to Reapers in Multiplayer.
- Reduced Salvo Core's damage.
- Removed the damage falloff from Salvo Core rockets.
- Increased the cooldown of Sonar Pulse.
- Reduced the projectile size of the 40mm.
- Tone Burst Loader Improvements:
- Slight presentation tweaks.
- Updated audio cues.
- Leaving ADS now clears the charges
- Removed the damage falloff from Flight Core rockets. This should make her more consistent in dealing high damage.
- Increased dash regen rate.
- Increased dash regen rate.
- ADS'ing with his primary weapon will display the projectile's path.
- Fixed a bug with Vortex Shield where reflected bullets would deal a high amount of splash damage.
- Added very far damage settings, reducing its damage at distance.
- Added more kick to the first shot to make using single shots more difficult.
- Increased view kick during sustained fire to create a slightly larger spread.
- Fixed the homing speed so it will once again track targets as expected.
- Reduced the projectile speed.
- Increased the fuse time.
- Fixed being able to be shot by snipers behind the cover of the amped wall if the shooter is really close.
- Fixed sentries so they now properly track targets through the amped wall.
- Fixed tracers not showing up when shooting through friendlies with bullet weapons.
- Fixed the MP R201 not dismembering stalkers and ultimately being less effective as other similar weapons against stalkers.
- Fixed bug with using A-Wall/Hard Cover while phase shifted.
- Fixed some cases where players could plant turrets in mid-air.
- Fixed HUD display incorrectly showing number of Electric Smoke charges.
- Fixed case of scoreboard counting a Titan termination on a piloted Titan counting as 2 pilot kills.
- Fixed MOTD not displaying over a certain character limit.
- Fixed Charge Rifle with Quick Charge mod skipping cooldown after firing and switching weapons.
- An elusive Nessie has still not been found…last seen in the mission Blood and Rust…
- Fixed bug with getting doomed with Stealth Auto Eject while in the midst of melee. Also fixed rare case of being stuck permanently in a "Ejecting Titan" cockpit animation.
- Fixed some cases of being stuck inside of level geometry with Rodeo.
- Fixed Grenade indicators not showing up sometimes.
- Fixed incorrect bullet hit detection immediately after being damaged.
- Fixed some cases of being stuck inside of level geometry with Phase Rewind.
- Fix asian languages not always word wrapping correctly.
- Fix input duplication between chat messages and the game.
- Fix pick up ammo sound incorrectly playing in MP.
- Fixed issue with browse not highlighting a network when clicked from lobby.
- Fixed hover FX not playing in NPC kill replay.
- Fixed Ion's Laser Core FX appearing offset from crosshair.
- Fixed showing the turret placement hint when player spawns, but doesn't have a turret, due to watching a kill replay with the turret placement hints.
- Fix camera becoming disoriented when navigating the store.
- Fix formatting issues in stats page.
- UI bugfixes when browsing networks and in the chatroom.
- Fixed a bug with the nose art menu that left the player on a blank page sometimes.
- Fixed a bug with SP achievements not correctly counting all Pilot Helmets collected. (Will trigger when opening main menu)
- Fixed some stats related issues with player melee.
- Accepting a game invite while the game is not running will now properly connect you to the invited lobby.
- General stability improvements.
- Increased sun shadow resolution.
- Stability improvements when browsing the store.
- Fix not being allowed to start multiplayer after resuming the game from suspend when the player's profile is not linked to an Origin account.
- Fixed being able to accept invites to a game that the player is already participating in.
- General stability improvements.
- Correctly grab the system voice permissions from Xbox and honor it in game.
- Added Adaptive Supersampling. When enabled and running faster than the FPS target, the game will dynamically increase rendering resolution up to 2x the target resolution to improve AA quality. If the maximum supersampled resolution exceeds 16K in either dimension (e.g. when running at Eyefinity/Surround resolutions), this option will be unavailable.
- Added Very High to the Model Quality tiers.
- General stability improvements.
- Added Model Draw Distance to allow pushing draw distances further out.
- Added description for Triple Buffered in the VSync description text.
- In an effort to reduce hitches from texture streaming, the "Texture Quality" setting has been renamed to "Texture Streaming Budget" to more accurately reflect the setting's function, and the tiers have been renamed to indicate the VRAM amount needed. A warning has also been added when the game detects that the chosen tier uses more memory than currently detected. The goal is to only use about ~75-80% of the VRAM when the game is running to avoid GPU memory management hitches.
- Spun D3D texture creates off onto a dedicated thread to avoid driver stalls and added throttling to the number of textures that are made live by the streaming system every frame. The throttling mechanism is simplistic and can be improved, but we want to get this out earlier to see if we're on the right track in reducing texture streaming stutter before investing more engineering effort. If you were previously experiencing stutter, please provide feedback on whether stuttering has noticeably improved after this patch.
- Adaptive Resolution FPS Target is no longer capped by max monitor refresh rate and instead caps to maximum supported FPS (144).
- Improve VRAM detection accuracy.
- Improved SLI/Crossfire compatibility. Players are recommended to not use TSAA when running in multi-GPU mode because TSAA can negatively affect performance scaling.
- Improved frame rate stutter detection tools.
- Enabling adaptive resolution while VSync is set to Double Buffered should now reliably force VSync to Triple Buffered.
- The game now prevents the screensaver/lock screen from coming up due to idling while the game is running.
- Added additional info to rare startup error "Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution Unsupported?" and a speculative fix for it.
- Fixed adaptive res FPS target incorrectly resetting to 60.
- Fixed texture streaming being disabled on GPUs with < 2GB of detected VRAM.
- Fixed the game crashing on startup if a user has AMD GPU drivers installed, but is no longer using an AMD GPU as the primary adapter.
- Fixed memory leak experienced on Crossfire setups.
- Fixed various UI scaling issues when running in Eyefinity/Surround ultrawide resolution.
- Added text clarifying "Invite friends" functionality doesn't work while the Origin overlay is disabled.