Titanfall 2 DLC Maps and Modes Will Be Completely Free
The original Titanfall's DLC was eventually made free, but Titanfall 2's maps and modes will be available to all players as they're released.
Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment came away from its debut title with many lessons learned. One of those is how to better handle post-launch content, and now lead programmer Jon Shiring has confirmed to PC Gamer that Titanfall 2's DLC maps and modes will all be free.
"One of our lessons is we're not gonna sell maps anymore," Shiring said. "All the modes and maps coming to Titanfall 2 after release will all be free."
Titanfall 2's Deluxe and Collector's Editions come with warpaints and other skins, so it's likely that EA and Respawn will find another way for players to spend money post-launch.
You can check out more of our Titanfall 2 E3 coverage through the links below.
- New Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Trailer Shows Intense Mech Battles, New Pilot Abilities
- Titanfall 2 Single-Player Looks at the Bond and Tension Between Pilot and Mech
- Titanfall 2's E3 2016 Trailers--Everything You Missed
- How Street Fighter Inspired the Combat of Titanfall 2
- Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Beta Confirmed
To keep up with the rest of GameSpot's E3 coverage, keep your eyes on our event hub here.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com