These Are Halo 5's Launch Day Multiplayer Playlists, Big Team Battle Coming Later
The sci-fi shooter will have 8 playlists at launch, with BTB landing sometime post-release.
With just two weeks to go before the release of Halo 5: Guardians, developer 343 Industries has now announced the sci-fi shooter's lineup of launch day multiplayer playlists.
Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- April 21-27 2019 Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate Of Atlantis DLC Extended Gameplay How God Of War PS4's Most Impactful Moment Almost Didn’t Happen Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" Breakdown! Fortnite Gets Avengers Endgame Event This Week - GS News Update Every Fatality In Mortal Kombat 11 Shiny Meltan Is Coming To Pokemon Go For A Limited Time Mortal Kombat 11 Announces Its Latest Character Named Frost - GS News Update Mortal Kombat 11 Quick Review In Progress Video Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Shinobi Tools Will Be More Strategic - GS News Update Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Frost Gameplay Reveal Trailer Kingdom Hearts 3 Critical Mode Gets Release Date - GS News Update
Per IGN, the eight launch-day Halo 5 multiplayer playlists include:
- Warzone -- Halo 5's new, MOBA-like 24-player mode. Matches can last 30 minutes or more, so this mode will enable join-in-progress.
- Warzone Assault -- An asymmetrical variant, this mode challenges teams to destroy the power core or defend it.
- Team Arena -- "Play on the very best modes and maps Halo 5 has to offer."
- Slayer -- The classic Halo mode.
- Breakout -- An all-new, single-life team mode.
- Free-for-All -- You know the drill.
- SWAT -- No shields or motion tracker; one-shot kill headshots.
- Weekend Social -- Maps/modes voted on by the community and change every weekend.
Halo 5's trademark Big Team Battle mode will return in Halo 5, but it won't be available at launch. When it is eventually released, the mode will get its own dedicated matchmaking playlist. In addition, multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo said 343 is making new maps designed "from the ground up" for Big Team Battle.
The Halo 5 release date is set for October 27 exclusively for Xbox One. In other recent news, 343 has defended the game's use of microtransactions and released its launch trailer which pits Master Chief against Spartan Locke. On top of that, the developer revealed that work has begun on Halo 6.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org