These Are Halo 5's Launch Day Multiplayer Playlists, Big Team Battle Coming Later
The sci-fi shooter will have 8 playlists at launch, with BTB landing sometime post-release.
With just two weeks to go before the release of Halo 5: Guardians, developer 343 Industries has now announced the sci-fi shooter's lineup of launch day multiplayer playlists.
Mortal Kombat 11 Official Gameplay Reveal Event Fortnite - Hidden Battle Star Location: Season 7 - Week 7 Mortal Kombat 11 - Kollector's Edition Has Some Neat Goodies Nintendo Exclusives Confirmed For 2019 Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Fatalities Trailer PS4 Console Exclusives Confirmed For 2019 Storm Attack In The Valley - Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Gameplay Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Review Mortal Kombat 11 Pro Tier SonicFox Sonya vs. Raiden Gameplay Mortal Kombat 11 New Sub-Zero Gameplay Dragon Ball Super: Broly Spoiler Talk! Mortal Kombat 11 Revealed: Fatalities, Characters, And Customization -- GS News Update
Per IGN, the eight launch-day Halo 5 multiplayer playlists include:
- Warzone -- Halo 5's new, MOBA-like 24-player mode. Matches can last 30 minutes or more, so this mode will enable join-in-progress.
- Warzone Assault -- An asymmetrical variant, this mode challenges teams to destroy the power core or defend it.
- Team Arena -- "Play on the very best modes and maps Halo 5 has to offer."
- Slayer -- The classic Halo mode.
- Breakout -- An all-new, single-life team mode.
- Free-for-All -- You know the drill.
- SWAT -- No shields or motion tracker; one-shot kill headshots.
- Weekend Social -- Maps/modes voted on by the community and change every weekend.
Halo 5's trademark Big Team Battle mode will return in Halo 5, but it won't be available at launch. When it is eventually released, the mode will get its own dedicated matchmaking playlist. In addition, multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo said 343 is making new maps designed "from the ground up" for Big Team Battle.
The Halo 5 release date is set for October 27 exclusively for Xbox One. In other recent news, 343 has defended the game's use of microtransactions and released its launch trailer which pits Master Chief against Spartan Locke. On top of that, the developer revealed that work has begun on Halo 6.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com