These Are Halo 5's Launch Day Multiplayer Playlists, Big Team Battle Coming Later
The sci-fi shooter will have 8 playlists at launch, with BTB landing sometime post-release.
With just two weeks to go before the release of Halo 5: Guardians, developer 343 Industries has now announced the sci-fi shooter's lineup of launch day multiplayer playlists.
Halo Infinite Full Presentation | Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021 Halo Infinite Story Trailer | Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021 Halo Infinite Multiplayer Trailer | Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021 Best Trailers From Ubisoft Forward Far Cry 6 Antón Castillo Villain Trailer | Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Far Cry Season Pass Become the Villain Trailer | Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 PC Gaming Show E3 2021 Live Back 4 Blood PvP Showcase | E3 2021 Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Full Presentation | Square Enix Presents E3 2021 Life Is Strange: True Colors Gameplay Breakdown | Square Enix Presents E3 2021 Life is Strange Full Presentation | Square Enix Presents E3 2021 Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin | Square Enix Presents E3 2021
Per IGN, the eight launch-day Halo 5 multiplayer playlists include:
- Warzone -- Halo 5's new, MOBA-like 24-player mode. Matches can last 30 minutes or more, so this mode will enable join-in-progress.
- Warzone Assault -- An asymmetrical variant, this mode challenges teams to destroy the power core or defend it.
- Team Arena -- "Play on the very best modes and maps Halo 5 has to offer."
- Slayer -- The classic Halo mode.
- Breakout -- An all-new, single-life team mode.
- Free-for-All -- You know the drill.
- SWAT -- No shields or motion tracker; one-shot kill headshots.
- Weekend Social -- Maps/modes voted on by the community and change every weekend.
Halo 5's trademark Big Team Battle mode will return in Halo 5, but it won't be available at launch. When it is eventually released, the mode will get its own dedicated matchmaking playlist. In addition, multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo said 343 is making new maps designed "from the ground up" for Big Team Battle.
The Halo 5 release date is set for October 27 exclusively for Xbox One. In other recent news, 343 has defended the game's use of microtransactions and released its launch trailer which pits Master Chief against Spartan Locke. On top of that, the developer revealed that work has begun on Halo 6.