These Are Halo 5's Launch Day Multiplayer Playlists, Big Team Battle Coming Later
The sci-fi shooter will have 8 playlists at launch, with BTB landing sometime post-release.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
With just two weeks to go before the release of Halo 5: Guardians, developer 343 Industries has now announced the sci-fi shooter's lineup of launch day multiplayer playlists.
Fortnite Deletes Itself | The End Event Gameplay (With Black Hole) Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- October 13-19, 2019 Fortnite Has Been Deleted (For Now) - GS News Update How A World War Inspired The Lord Of The Rings - True Fiction 15 Minutes Of The Witcher 3 On Switch Pokemon Go October Community Day Starts Very Soon - GS News Update Witcher 3 on Switch | GameSpot Live First 14 Minutes Of Rebel Cops Gameplay The Best Cosplay At NYCC 2019 Ghost Recon Breakpoint Video Review Grindstone Trailer Destiny 2 - Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location Guide (10/11 - 10/15)
Per IGN, the eight launch-day Halo 5 multiplayer playlists include:
- Warzone -- Halo 5's new, MOBA-like 24-player mode. Matches can last 30 minutes or more, so this mode will enable join-in-progress.
- Warzone Assault -- An asymmetrical variant, this mode challenges teams to destroy the power core or defend it.
- Team Arena -- "Play on the very best modes and maps Halo 5 has to offer."
- Slayer -- The classic Halo mode.
- Breakout -- An all-new, single-life team mode.
- Free-for-All -- You know the drill.
- SWAT -- No shields or motion tracker; one-shot kill headshots.
- Weekend Social -- Maps/modes voted on by the community and change every weekend.
Halo 5's trademark Big Team Battle mode will return in Halo 5, but it won't be available at launch. When it is eventually released, the mode will get its own dedicated matchmaking playlist. In addition, multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo said 343 is making new maps designed "from the ground up" for Big Team Battle.
The Halo 5 release date is set for October 27 exclusively for Xbox One. In other recent news, 343 has defended the game's use of microtransactions and released its launch trailer which pits Master Chief against Spartan Locke. On top of that, the developer revealed that work has begun on Halo 6.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com