These Are Halo 5's Launch Day Multiplayer Playlists, Big Team Battle Coming Later
The sci-fi shooter will have 8 playlists at launch, with BTB landing sometime post-release.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
With just two weeks to go before the release of Halo 5: Guardians, developer 343 Industries has now announced the sci-fi shooter's lineup of launch day multiplayer playlists.
Best New Netflix Movies / TV Shows To Watch In August 2018 Fortnite Update 5.20 Adds Double Barrel Shotgun, Steady Storm LTM, And More - GS News Update Giving Ghost Recon Wildlands A Second Chance Dead By Daylight and Mafia 3 Free With PS Plus Games In August Xbox One Adds 3 Backwards Compatible Games - GS News Update Top New Game Releases This Week On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC -- August 5-11 World War 3 - Gamescom Gameplay Trailer Darksiders 3 Gameplay Shows How Much Like Dark Souls The Series Has Become Dead Or Alive 6 - Leifang And Hitomi Character Trailer Morphies Law - Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer Escaping A Collapsing Digital World In Transference Windjammers 2 - Announcement Trailer
Per IGN, the eight launch-day Halo 5 multiplayer playlists include:
- Warzone -- Halo 5's new, MOBA-like 24-player mode. Matches can last 30 minutes or more, so this mode will enable join-in-progress.
- Warzone Assault -- An asymmetrical variant, this mode challenges teams to destroy the power core or defend it.
- Team Arena -- "Play on the very best modes and maps Halo 5 has to offer."
- Slayer -- The classic Halo mode.
- Breakout -- An all-new, single-life team mode.
- Free-for-All -- You know the drill.
- SWAT -- No shields or motion tracker; one-shot kill headshots.
- Weekend Social -- Maps/modes voted on by the community and change every weekend.
Halo 5's trademark Big Team Battle mode will return in Halo 5, but it won't be available at launch. When it is eventually released, the mode will get its own dedicated matchmaking playlist. In addition, multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo said 343 is making new maps designed "from the ground up" for Big Team Battle.
The Halo 5 release date is set for October 27 exclusively for Xbox One. In other recent news, 343 has defended the game's use of microtransactions and released its launch trailer which pits Master Chief against Spartan Locke. On top of that, the developer revealed that work has begun on Halo 6.