The Witcher Series Has Sold 50 Million Copies
Talk about moving units! CD Projekt Red's flagship The Witcher series has hit a new sales milestone.
The Witcher series has sold 50 million copies to date, with CD Projekt Red's flagship property hitting a new sales milestone this year. After the success of the hit Netflix adaptation, it looks like the adventures of Geralt have captured everyone's attention.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has sold around 28.3 million copies all on its own, contributing to over half of the figures now being celebrated by CD Projekt Red.
PC copies of The Witcher 3 further accounted for around 12 million of total units sold for the game, with PlayStation 4 copies coming in a close second at 10.8 million copies.
Over 50 million adventurers joined Geralt on his journey from Kaer Morhen to Vizima, through Flotsam and Vergen, Velen and Novigrad to Skellige Isles and Toussaint, and many, many more places, time and time again…— The Witcher (@witchergame) May 28, 2020
Thank you and may we meet on the path again! ⚔️ pic.twitter.com/cZwOup9CEc
Before The Witcher 3 rose to popularity, the series as a whole had sold around 5 million copies according to this tweet by analyst Daniel Ahmad, which makes this milestone achieved in the span of seven years quite impressive.
CD Projekt Red has enjoyed a number of other professional successes recently, including being named as Europe's most valuable game company over Ubisoft. Now, it is currently working on the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. While the game has experienced a number of delays, it seems like Cyberpunk 2077 is still on track for its scheduled release in September, so keep your eyes peeled for that. With an event teased for June to make up for E3 being cancelled this year, fans could be well on track to finding out more about what they'll get to do in Night City later this year.
- Cyberpunk 2077 And The Witcher 3's PS5 And Xbox Series X|S Editions Still On Track For 2021
- The Witcher Season 2: First Look At Ciri And Lambert
- Witcher News Coming At First WitcherCon On July 9
- Cyberpunk 2077 Dev's Profit Falls Big Time
- PlayStation Now June 2021 Games Include The Witcher 3, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown, And 3 Sonic Games
- The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update Might Use Fan Mods
- The Witcher 3 Director Leaves CDPR Following "Workplace Bullying" Allegations
- Cyberpunk 2077 Sold 13.7 Million Copies In 21 Days; Witcher 3 Passes 30 Million Sold
- Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3 Patches For Xbox Series X And PS5 Still Coming In 2021
- CD Projekt Red Is Making Big Changes To Its Structure And Mission After Cyberpunk 2077
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.