The Witcher Series Has Sold 50 Million Copies
Talk about moving units! CD Projekt Red's flagship The Witcher series has hit a new sales milestone.
The Witcher series has sold 50 million copies to date, with CD Projekt Red's flagship property hitting a new sales milestone this year. After the success of the hit Netflix adaptation, it looks like the adventures of Geralt have captured everyone's attention.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has sold around 28.3 million copies all on its own, contributing to over half of the figures now being celebrated by CD Projekt Red.
PC copies of The Witcher 3 further accounted for around 12 million of total units sold for the game, with PlayStation 4 copies coming in a close second at 10.8 million copies.
Over 50 million adventurers joined Geralt on his journey from Kaer Morhen to Vizima, through Flotsam and Vergen, Velen and Novigrad to Skellige Isles and Toussaint, and many, many more places, time and time again…— The Witcher (@witchergame) May 28, 2020
Thank you and may we meet on the path again! ⚔️ pic.twitter.com/cZwOup9CEc
Before The Witcher 3 rose to popularity, the series as a whole had sold around 5 million copies according to this tweet by analyst Daniel Ahmad, which makes this milestone achieved in the span of seven years quite impressive.
CD Projekt Red has enjoyed a number of other professional successes recently, including being named as Europe's most valuable game company over Ubisoft. Now, it is currently working on the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. While the game has experienced a number of delays, it seems like Cyberpunk 2077 is still on track for its scheduled release in September, so keep your eyes peeled for that. With an event teased for June to make up for E3 being cancelled this year, fans could be well on track to finding out more about what they'll get to do in Night City later this year.
- CD Projekt Surpasses Ubisoft To Become Europe's Most Valuable Game Company
- Why The Witcher 3 Is Still So Important 5 Years Later
- Save Big On Major PS4 Games In This Digital Sale
- Game Of Thrones Alum Joins Netflix's The Witcher As Season 2 Begins Shooting
- The Witcher 3 (Switch Edition) On Sale After New PC Cross-Save Patch
- The Witcher 3 Switch 3.6 Patch -- Update Adds Cross-Save With PC
- 8 Witcher "Netflix" Mods To Make Your Game More Like The Show
- Witcher 3 Sales Rise By More Than 500% In Wake Of TV Show
- See The Best PC Game Deals In GOG's Lunar New Year Sale
- Nintendo Switch Lite Gets Slick Discount, Among Other Great Gaming Deals (US)
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org