The Witcher Series Has Sold 50 Million Copies
Talk about moving units! CD Projekt Red's flagship The Witcher series has hit a new sales milestone.
The Witcher series has sold 50 million copies to date, with CD Projekt Red's flagship property hitting a new sales milestone this year. After the success of the hit Netflix adaptation, it looks like the adventures of Geralt have captured everyone's attention.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has sold around 28.3 million copies all on its own, contributing to over half of the figures now being celebrated by CD Projekt Red.
PC copies of The Witcher 3 further accounted for around 12 million of total units sold for the game, with PlayStation 4 copies coming in a close second at 10.8 million copies.
Over 50 million adventurers joined Geralt on his journey from Kaer Morhen to Vizima, through Flotsam and Vergen, Velen and Novigrad to Skellige Isles and Toussaint, and many, many more places, time and time again…— The Witcher (@witchergame) May 28, 2020
Thank you and may we meet on the path again! ⚔️ pic.twitter.com/cZwOup9CEc
Before The Witcher 3 rose to popularity, the series as a whole had sold around 5 million copies according to this tweet by analyst Daniel Ahmad, which makes this milestone achieved in the span of seven years quite impressive.
CD Projekt Red has enjoyed a number of other professional successes recently, including being named as Europe's most valuable game company over Ubisoft. Now, it is currently working on the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. While the game has experienced a number of delays, it seems like Cyberpunk 2077 is still on track for its scheduled release in September, so keep your eyes peeled for that. With an event teased for June to make up for E3 being cancelled this year, fans could be well on track to finding out more about what they'll get to do in Night City later this year.
- Switch 2 Needs To Be Better For Third Parties | Spot On
- Prime Day - 100 Switch Games Discounted In GameStop Summer Sale
- Best Steam Deck Deals In The Steam Summer Sale
- More Than 3,000 PC Games Are On Sale In New Winter Sale
- The Witcher 3's Best Side Quest Isn't About Geralt--It's About His Job
- The Witcher 3 Is Back And Better Than Ever On PS5 And Xbox Series X
- Witcher 3's Free Next-Gen Update Arrives Next Month Alongside Complete Edition
- The Best PlayStation RPGs For PS5 And PS4
- Witcher 3 For PS5 And Xbox Series X|S Release Window Narrowed Down For This Year
- Witcher 3 PS5/Xbox Series X Versions Delayed As CD Projekt Red Takes Over Development
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.