The Walking Dead Season 10's Final Episodes Get Release Date And Plot Descriptions
Release dates for remaining Season 10 episodes and a table read video are revealed.
It has been a bit of a rough year for The Walking Dead, primarily due to delays brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, there was some high points that came for the show during 2020. While Season 11 was delayed, Season 10 will be extended. And now, AMC has revealed the release dates for the second half of Season 10.
The Walking Dead will return to AMC with brand-new episodes on Sunday, February 28 at 8 / 7 CT. Episode 17 is titled "Home Sweet Home," and according to the synopsis, it will be a Maggie-heavy episode as Lauren Cohan returns to the show. Maggie coming face-to-face once again with Negan was something the cast and crew discussed during The Walking Dead panel at New York Comic Con.
Season 10 will wrap up on April 4 with an episode titled "Here's Negan," which revolves around--you guessed it--Negan. The former antagonist and murderer will have to confront his past and the journey he's been on the past few years.
AMC is planning on airing every episode of the new season early to AMC+ members. Beginning on February 25, the service will air upcoming episodes on Thursdays while everyone else has to wait until Sunday to watch them. AMC+ costs $9 a month and features access to AMC programming and catalog, which also includes Shudder's Creepshow.
During the pandemic, the cast came together for a table read. This is from Episode 19 of Season 10, titled "One More." That episode debuts on March 14. Check out the video below.
Below, you'll find the release dates and synopsis' for Season 10 of The Walking Dead.
The Walking Dead release date schedule and episode synopsis:
Episode 17 – "Home Sweet Home": February 28
- Maggie (Lauren Cohan) has returned with a story she is not ready to share, even when her past catches up to her. Negan’s (Jeffrey Dean Morgan,) safety is at stake again. Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Maggie fight an unseen and unknown threat.
Episode 18 – "Find Me": March 7
- An adventure for Daryl and Carol (Melissa McBride) turns sideways when they come across an old cabin. It takes Daryl back to the years when he left the group after Rick disappeared as he relives a time that only the apocalypse could manifest.
Episode 19 – "One More": March 14
- Gabriel (Seth Gilliam) and Aaron (Ross Marquand) search for food and supplies to bring back to Alexandria. Small tragedies lead to bigger tragedies as faith is broken and optimism is fragmented when they are put to the ultimate test.
Episode 20 – "Splinter": March 21
- Eugene (Josh McDermitt), Ezekiel (Khary Payton), Yumiko (Eleanor Matsuura), and Princess (Paola Lázaro) are captured and separated. Princess struggles with memories of her traumatic past and tries to escape one way or another with the help of Ezekiel.
Episode 21 – "Diverged": March 28
- Daryl and Carol come to a fork in the road and head their separate ways. Each going into their own type of survival mode, the easiest of challenges become much harder. Will their individual journeys be the tipping point needed to mend their friendship or is the distance between them permanent?
Episode 22 – "Here’s Negan": April 4
- Carol takes Negan on a journey, hoping to minimize the increasing tension. Negan reflects on the events that led him to this point and comes to a conclusion about his future.