The Sims 4 PC System Requirements Revealed
If you play anything on your PC, you can probably run The Sims 4.
Nintendo Switch – OLED Model – The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Edition The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 10 Minutes Of Gameplay Presentation Resident Evil 4 Remake DLC Leaked? | GameSpot News Diablo 4 Necromancer Level 25 Dungeon Beta Gameplay Final Fantasy 16 Overview and New Gameplay | PAX East 2023 DC Dual Force - Digital Collectible Card Game Reveal Trailer Disney Speedstorm - Founder's Packs Trailer Devil May Cry: Peak Of Combat| NERO - DEVIL CLAW GAMEPLAY TRAILER Crime Boss: Rockay City | Official Launch Trailer TEKKEN 8 – Jun Kazama Gameplay Reveal Trailer Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE Character Trailer - World Detective Organization Pt. 2 Introducing Kitbash Model Club!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
Electronic Arts has revealed the PC minimum system requirements for The Sims 4.
In addition to an internet connection and an Origin account to activate the product and a keyboard and mouse, you will need:
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Not surprisingly, these are relatively low. The Sims is the best selling PC game series ever, so it reaches a wide and varied audience, with many players using low-end PC hardware. According to the specifications above, you could run The Sims 4 on a lot of standard laptops released in the last couple of years. However, keep in mind that these are only the minimum system requirements, so the game could conceivably scale up and look quite nice on stronger hardware.
A recently released gameplay video of the The Sims 4 revealed that EA has plans for something called The Sims 4 Premium, a service that includes early access to new content. The Sims 4 is scheduled for release on September 2 for the PC and Mac.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation