The Sims 4 PC System Requirements Revealed
If you play anything on your PC, you can probably run The Sims 4.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
New Releases - Top Games Out This Week -- March 18-24 Avengers: Infinity War - Official Trailer We Turned GTA 5's Graphics Into Mud | Potato Mode Top 10 Upcoming Spring & Summer Films 2018 GS News Update: Far Cry 5 Has Microtransactions, Campaign Is Playable Offline Avengers Infinity War Trailer #2 Breakdown! Vermintide 2 Is Left 4 Dead 3 In The Warhammer Universe Resident Evil Code: Veronica Part 1 - Resident Kinevil Tomb Raider Spoiler Debate: A Bad Film Or A Good Action Movie? GS News Update: Sonic Mania Plus Announced, New Racing Game Teased Attack On Titan 2 One Hour of Live Gameplay Monster Hunter World Prepping for Deviljho and Weekly Event Resets
In addition to an internet connection and an Origin account to activate the product and a keyboard and mouse, you will need:
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Not surprisingly, these are relatively low. The Sims is the best selling PC game series ever, so it reaches a wide and varied audience, with many players using low-end PC hardware. According to the specifications above, you could run The Sims 4 on a lot of standard laptops released in the last couple of years. However, keep in mind that these are only the minimum system requirements, so the game could conceivably scale up and look quite nice on stronger hardware.
A recently released gameplay video of the The Sims 4 revealed that EA has plans for something called The Sims 4 Premium, a service that includes early access to new content. The Sims 4 is scheduled for release on September 2 for the PC and Mac.