The Sims 4 PC System Requirements Revealed
If you play anything on your PC, you can probably run The Sims 4.
Nintendo, Microsoft, Square Enix, And More: E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule - GS News Update Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- May 19-25 2019 Avengers: Endgame Passes Avatar in the US Box Office, Still Behind Worldwide - GS Universe News Update Apex Legends Update Tweaks Wraith And Pathfinder - GS News Update Game Of Thrones - The Last Watch HBO Official Documentary Trailer Gen 4 Pokémon, Glaceon, And Leafeon Now Available In Pokémon Go - GS News Update Game Of Thrones Series Finale "The Iron Throne" Breakdown! PlayStation Movie Studio Has Opened - GS News Update Apex Legends Championship Monday Game Of Thrones - The Cast Signs Off Brightburn - Final Trailer The Most Influential Games Of The 21st Century Video: Half-Life 2
In addition to an internet connection and an Origin account to activate the product and a keyboard and mouse, you will need:
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Not surprisingly, these are relatively low. The Sims is the best selling PC game series ever, so it reaches a wide and varied audience, with many players using low-end PC hardware. According to the specifications above, you could run The Sims 4 on a lot of standard laptops released in the last couple of years. However, keep in mind that these are only the minimum system requirements, so the game could conceivably scale up and look quite nice on stronger hardware.
A recently released gameplay video of the The Sims 4 revealed that EA has plans for something called The Sims 4 Premium, a service that includes early access to new content. The Sims 4 is scheduled for release on September 2 for the PC and Mac.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com