The Outer Worlds 2 Announced For Xbox And PC, Coming to Games Pass
A sequel to Obsidian's capitalism-critiquing RPG is coming in the near future.
The Outer Worlds 2, from Microsoft-owned Obsidian Games, has been revealed that the Xbox showcase at E3 2021. Outside of a logo reveal and some sweeping shots that may or may not be from the game itself, few other details were revealed.
The Outer Worlds 2 is set to launch on Xbox Series X|S and PC and will be coming to Xbox Games Pass at launch as is custom with first-party Microsoft titles.
The Outer Worlds 2 trailer took aim at games that used E3 time to not really share information and instead just tease a logo, which is essentially what this reveal is all about, too. The Outer Worlds 2 is likely to be an Xbox and PC exclusive given Obsidian's purchase by Microsoft, which took place after the original game was announced. The Outer Worlds did launch on Xbox Games Pass too, but also launched on PS4 at the time.
Catch up on all the reveals, gameplay showcases, and trailers from Xbox's stacked E3 2021 showcase in our expansive Play for All hub, as well as everything announced at E3 this year.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall