The Nanowire Is Cyberpunk 2077's Brutal And Versatile Netrunner Tool
A tool that's capable of hacking and slashing.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
CD Projekt Red revealed more new details about its upcoming RPG Cyberpunk 2077 during a recent gameplay stream. In this presentation, the developer detailed a few of the significant playstyles in the game. One of the more exciting playstyles is Netrunner, which focuses more on hacking anything that's connected to a network. But as a Netrunner, one of the most practical and useful tools at your disposal is the Nanowire. With this handy wire you can hack an enemy's implants from a distance.
According to senior level designer Miles Tost, the Nanowire goes hand-in-hand with the Netrunner playstyle, which makes sense since you're probably going to breach a lot of networks. With the Nanowire, you'll gain access to unique attacks and solutions, such as remotely detonating an enemy's hand grenade or hacking a benchpress weight to slam down onto an unsuspecting foe mid-lift.
While the Nanowire is mostly a functional tool, it can also be used as a deadly weapon. If you're so inclined, you can whip it around at enemies and slice them into bite-sized pieces. It all sounds relatively brutal.
Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing on April 16 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. For more Cyberpunk 2077 news, be sure to click from the links in the list below.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Created A New Team To Make Sidequests, After The Witcher 3
- Cyberpunk 2077 Netrunner Class Seems Perfect For Causing Mischief
- How Cyberpunk 2077's Sidequests Will Work
- Cyberpunk 2077's Life Paths And Character Creation Sound Very Deep
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will Allow For Non-Lethal Playthroughs, Here's How It'll Work
- Cyberpunk 2077's Weapons Come In Three Flavors, Here's What You Need To Know
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org