The Lenovo Legion Go, A Switch-Like Windows Handheld, Is Now Available
The Lenovo Legion Go starts at $700 and launched on October 31.
Lenovo has entered the burgeoning handheld gaming PC market with the Lenovo Legion Go, a Switch-like handheld with detachable controllers. The Legion Go launched October 31 and is available at select retailers, including Best Buy, Antonline, and directly from Lenovo.
The Legion Go uses the same AMD chipset found in the Asus ROG Ally, but it boasts a larger screen and some cool new features. The Steam Deck continues to rule the world of handheld PCs, but the Legion Go, on paper, is a powerful Windows device with a striking design and reasonable price point.
Along with impressive hardware and Windows 11, Legion Go takes a few design cues from Nintendo Switch. Both controllers straddling the sides of the display are removable (much like the Switch Joy-Con), and you’ll even find a kickstand on the back of the display.
Its button layout, however, is quite innovative--along with all the usual face buttons, the back of the controllers feature several mappable buttons plus a mouse wheel. Lenovo was able to cram all these buttons on the controller due to the Legion Go’s large footprint. Compared to the seven-inch screen of Steam Deck, ROG Ally, and Switch OLED, there’s a lot of real estate to work with.
Rounding out the handheld PC is a microSD expansion slot, two USB-C ports, and a hardshell carrying case.
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week
- Spider-Man 2 And Modern Warfare 3 PS5 Slim Bundles Are Still On Sale
- Get The Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Switch OLED Bundle At Amazon Before It's Gone
- Grab A Pair Of Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons And Super Mario Party For Only $100
- Samsung 49-Inch Ultrawide Gaming Monitors Are Still Steeply Discounted After Cyber Monday
- Mass Effect And Dragon Age Comics Bundle - Get 18 Books For $1 Each
- This Stunning Collector's Set Of Final Fantasy Art Books Is $70 Off At Amazon
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.