The Legend Of Zelda Game And Watch Includes Three Games, Out In November
In celebration of the series' 35th anniversary, The Legend of Zelda is getting its own new Game and Watch console later this year.
Nintendo has announced a new Game and Watch-inspired product in celebration of The Legend of Zelda's 35th anniversary. Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda bundles together three of the series' earliest games onto a small, portable console, which launches November 12.
The Game & Watch system will ship with The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (which was recently remade for Nintendo Switch.) The console will also include a new version of Vermin that will star Link instead, as a nice nod to the classic game. As is customary with the Game & Watch, the console will also feature a digital clock and timer.
This Game & Watch is the last celebratory campaign Nintendo is running for The Legend of Zelda's 35th anniversary, as was confirmed during the Nintendo E3 2021 Direct. Coming sooner is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, with the original Wii-exclusive making its way to Nintendo Switch on July 16.
The Legend of Zelda Game and Watch will launch later this year in November. Pricing was not announced; however, last year's Game and Watch re-release featuring Mario retailed for $50.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.