The Last of Us PS4 Gets Brutal Executions Not Possible on PS3
"Special executions" available to purchase for 99 cents each.
Microsoft Acquires Bethesda - GS News Update Xbox Buys Bethesda: What It Means For Game Pass, Starfield, PS5 + More | Generation Next Xbox Series X Vs. PS5 Console Comparison Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- September 20-26, 2020 Lovecraft Country Episode 6 - The Biggest Easter Eggs & References From "Meet Me In Daegu" Xbox Series X - Official "New Way To Share" Trailer Hades Review Call of Duty Cold War VS. Modern Warfare: The Biggest Differences What The Hell Happened To Splinter Cell Spelunky 2 Video Review Octopath Traveler: Champions Of The Continent Japanese Gameplay Trailer Lord Of The Rings: 30 Things You Didn't Know About The Fellowship Of The Ring
A series of "special executions" are now available in The Last of Us Remastered, allowing you to kill your foes in all manner of new and gruesome ways, including by sticking an arrow through their brain.
There are nine new special executions available today in the multiplayer mode for the PS4 version of The Last of Us. They're available for $1 each, and you can see a handful of them in the trailer above.
Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli writes on the company's website that the new executions are so intense and demanding that they weren't technically possible for the PlayStation 3 version of the game due to "memory constraints on the hardware."
In addition to the special executions, Naughty Dog has released a range of other DLC for The Last of Us Remastered, including new weapons bundles, gestures, and more. See a roundup below.
- Tactical Weapons Bundle ($3 or $1 each) - Includes the Tactical Shotgun, Burst Pistol, Frontier Rifle, and Crossbow.
- Risk Management Survival Skills Bundle ($3 or $1 each) - Includes new skills Lone Wolf, Second Chance, Jack of All Trades, Lucky Break, and Lethal Efficiency.
- Misfit Head Item Bundle ($7/individual pricing varies) - Includes the Viking Hat, Plague Mask, Smiley Mask, Outlaw Mask, Ski Goggles, Broken Gas Mask, Ballistic Helmet, and Urban Camo Helmet
- Gestures Pack 2 ($2.50 or $1 each) - Includes Dust Myself Off, Evil Laugh, Game Over, and Intimidation
- Gestures Pack 3 ($2.50 or $1 each) - Includes You're Done, Combat Formation, Stretch, and I'm Watching You.
In other news about The Last of Us, Naughty Dog has released new patches for both the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game. You can read the full patch notes at Naughty Dog's website.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.