The Elder Scrolls: Blades Has Left Early Access And Is Likely Coming To Switch This Week
The mobile version of The Elder Scrolls: Blades has finally left early access as of the huge 1.7 update, and is listed on Nintendo's Eshop for release very soon--here are the patch notes.
The Elder Scrolls: Blades has left Early Access on mobile as of the latest patch. Update 1.7 brings the game out of Early Access, and anyone who played it up until now will receive a small thank-you gift of 150 gems and a large emblem decoration.
The game, which has grown a great deal since its initial release in April 2019, is also coming to Switch, and while the game's release was delayed last year it looks like it's finally going to happen very soon. The Elder Scrolls: Blades is currently listed on the US Nintendo Eshop with a May 14 release date, and like the mobile version it'll be free-to-play.
Blades will be the second Elder Scrolls title on Switch--Skyrim is also available on Nintendo's portable console.
Here are the full notes for the Blades 1.7 update.
The Elder Scrolls: Blades 1.7 Update
End of Early Access
- Everyone who played during Early Access will receive 150 Gems and the large Emblem decoration.
Arena Leaderboard Reset
- All Arena players will be returned to the Old Arena with 0 trophies.
- Earn Gems, potions, and a chest according to your Arena at the time of reset.
- Top 100 players also get the Golden Champion’s Helm.
- Top 500-101 players get the Silver Hero’s Helm.
- Top 1000-501 players get the Bronzed Gladiator’s Helm.
- Climb up the ranks to earn rewards all over again, including Blades gear.
- Keep track of the best Guilds with the new Guilds Leaderboard.
Massive New Questline
- Play through an Arena-style gladiatorial questline.
- Become the Grand Champion to earn the Grand Champion’s Sword and Helm.
More New Quests
- Take on six other new quests for both low- and high-level players.
- Earn the Redoran Watchman's Helm from the Villains quest.
- Earn the Ring of Dremora from the Trophy Hunting quest.
- Can you solve the puzzles and find the secrets in The Wizard’s Challenge quest?
- Improved how and when enemies choose to conserve Magicka or Stamina to use on more expensive skills.
- Added new sound effects to weapons enchanted with Haste (increased attack speed).
- Fixed a bug that prevented completion of the Resolution quest.
- Fixed a bug that made abilities hit faster than normal when multiple abilities were performed in quick succession.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the application of resistances and weakness to elemental damage dealt via Shield Bash with an enchanted shield.
- Fixed a bug that made critical hits harder to perform while wearing the Warlock’s Ring Artifact.
- Fixed a bug that let players unequip and reequip certain skills on cooldown to make them available sooner.
- Fixed a bug in the Arena that displayed all an opponent’s physical resistances as cleaving resistance.
- Fixed a bug that slowed down Arena combat when both players were equipped with Artifacts dealing continuous damage.
- Fixed a bug that made high-level Wights hit twice with a single Power Attack.
- Fixed a bug that prevented enemies from properly deciding when to use their Reflecting Bash ability.
- Fixed a bug that made enemies unnecessarily stop and restart blocking while the player was casting Consuming Inferno or Frostbite.
- Fixed a bug that stopped players from equipping a loadout right after the end of combat.
- Fixed a bug that stopped players from equipping a loadout while certain skills were active.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving Guild chat messages.
- Fixed a bug that unsynced the camera from the player’s shield when performing a Shield Bash.
- Fixed a bug that made the Fireball spell’s fire effects remain on an enemy indefinitely.
- Fixed a bug that sped up the waterfalls of the Hircine’s Prize decoration.
- Fixed a bug that made a deleted loadout return to your loadouts list.
- Fixed an interface bug that made players choose an unintended tier when tempering, brewing, or enchanting.
- Fixed an interface bug that incorrectly displayed “You cannot drop your last weapon!” when inspecting a weapon.
- Fixed a visual bug that made the Stamina bar jump around when attacking with the Volendrung Artifact.
- Fixed various rare cases of invisible walls or rocks blocking players and preventing the completion of a Job.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.